Forums are back in action! ×

Yes Hello! - Goals added :)

Hi all!  I'm a 30 year old Ohio girl.  I came across this site somehow and was hooked stupidly fast...  I've been wishing for a place with motivated, awesome people for a while now and thought it was only in my dreams!  Most of my friends aren't really the sort of people I want to be around anymore - I want to be a better person in a million different ways and they just want to whine about how much their life sucks.  Ha!  I'm excited to find some like minded individuals who I can help, and who can help me push to improve our lives!  So anyway... a bit about me. 

I train horses and it's my passion in life.  Most people don't get that riding is a sport... think martial arts plus pilates plus strength training plus working with a 2,000 lb animal who has it's own mind and thoughts and ideas and emotional needs and physical limits.  Haha!  I ride mainly dressage: 

With an eye to eventing as well: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OuGs8SA0Us

I am working on my goals right now and will post them once I get them straightened out.  They involve getting out of debt (almost 40k), getting fitter (I'm 5'6" and 175 lbs, my worst), eating better (organic and local and minimizing processed stuff and carbs), and getting my life in general organized and moving forwards.  I've been stuck in a rut and I'm starting to climb my way out, and it feels good!  I have a long way to go, but I'm well into it and loving it.  Long term, I want to travel and learn new languages, learn to ride better and train with some of the world's best riders, and much much more! 

Oh, and I love cars and want to be able to get back into drifting soon:

I live on a small farm and have aspirations of growing my own food (beyond a few plants like I've done in the past), and learning more about preserving food.  Got a deep freezer, and now i just need to grow stuff to fill it with!  :)  So, I guess that's all for now, I will work on getting my goals planned out and post them soon!

Ok, here are my goals, for now. 

Educaton Goals:

-Get my GED by May, 2013. (I've managed to own my own company and make a
living without one so far, but I want to prove to myself I can do it!  Plus, see next goal...)

-Get a 2 year degree, probably as a physical therapy assistant by 2016

-Take weekly horseback riding lessons (dependent upon money, I'm broke!)

-Learn Spanish

-Learn Japanese

-Learn to shoot a gun, competently, before the end of this year!

Fitness Goals: All these should be achieved by September, 2013, then I will make new goals

-Run a 5k

-Do a Tough Mudder or similar

-Be able to do 20 pushups

-3 pullups

-100 situps

-Plank for 3 minutes

-Get down to 140 lbs and then reassess where I'm at

Travel Goals:

-Visit the Spanish Riding School in Vienna. Austria

-Go on a riding vacation in Ireland

-Have fish n chips and a beer at a pub in London, and then go dance the night away!

-See the Northern Lights

-Visit my old family house in KY

-Drive Route 66, taking my time and stopping and socializing along the way

-Visit Japan - I still want to make specific goals for what to do while there!

-Research my ancestry and find relevant places to go!

Other Goals:

-Pay off all my debt ASAP!

Horse Goals (the average person won't understand these goals, but they're on the lofty side):

-Show through Grand Prix in dressage at a rated show

-Compete in eventing through prelim (3'7") at a rated show

-Compete in hunters or jumpers at 4' at a rated show

So there you have it!  :)

Archived