Forums are back in action! ×

Good Morning all (and Happy Pi Day!)

Hi everyone!

I'm excited to join the Rebellion :)  I've been toying with the idea of getting back into shape and loosing some weight for a while now, but then I made reservations for my friend's bachelorette party in Puerto Rico and realized I would need to wear a swimsuit.  Found this site and really enjoyed the philosophy and support everyone seems to give.

I used to be a swimmer in high school and would eventually like to get back into that.  I ideally would like to loose a little over 35 lbs.  Currently 165 lbs and 5'2".  Puerto Rico is a mid-way kind of goal, and is in 11 weeks (as of yesterday).

Can't wait to get to know some of you!

Lvl 1 Dwarf

First Challenge Thread

"The difference between a goal and a dream is a deadline." -Steve Smith

Thanks tanktimus!

Currently I'm planning to work out 5 times a week.  I have some Jillian Michaels DVD's to do for my strength training days (which will be most of them, she splits it into separate muscle groups and does circuits similar to the beginning weight lifting info I saw on this site) and then I may try running or some other DVD's I have for cardio.

I started to journal all my food and I'm going to keep the carbs to a minimum, but I don't think I'm interested in doing paleo.  Although I'm reading some more about it to see.

Lvl 1 Dwarf

First Challenge Thread

"The difference between a goal and a dream is a deadline." -Steve Smith

Archived