Forums are back in action! ×

Calorie Deficit Calculator

jtj016

Hi Everybody.

I made this spreadsheet about a year ago.  I put quite a bit of research into the math behind it, and I can guarantee you it's pretty accurate.  I've just started dealing with google docs, so this isn't exactly the most pleasant-to-look-at spreadsheet, but I know that many of you will find it very, very useful.

Please save a copy of this to your drive.  Please do not override this version.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnGMZqWIG4MHdHVXOGhYNmlxRlNmenQtaFUtelFEdWc&usp=sharing

What is it?

Many people do not know how to calculate their calories burned throughout the day, and therefore cannot estimate what their calorie deficit is.  This sheet will guide you and help you get close to that number.

This is tailored for a general user.  If you want something with specific activities on it, let me know and I will be happy to make a modified version.

Instructions

To track your calories burned, just fill in all the data in blue.  Your calories will be calculated and displayed at the bottom of the page.

Enter the time spent doing each activity during a day.  So if you spent 30 minutes cooking dinner, 15 minutes getting ready in the morning, and 40 minutes organizing the top level of your bookshelf, then plug 1:25 into the "Standing" time. 

For the distance exercise items, enter the time you exercised and the distance you traveled.  If you ran 3 kilometers in 25 minutes, then enter 3 kilometers and 0:30 into the time.  The sheet will calculate the rest.

I used the metric system for all the calculations.  There is a conversion table on the right side if you need it.  If this really bothers anyone, I might go and make pound-mile system.

Additionally, I included two user-defined spots for other activities.  You may use the MET table linked on the document to estimate what your activities are worth.  These are completely optional.

Questions?

I am a mechanical engineer, and have spent many hours punching calorie numbers just for the hell of it.  If anyone has any concerns to the accuracy of these calculations or how I came about them, I will be happy to break it down.  Otherwise, I hope this helps!

Human Assassin

Level 4 - Assassin Recruit

STR 5 | DEX 3.5 | STA 6.5 | CON 8 | WIS 10.5 | CHA 3

Archived