Forums are back in action! ×

Rebel Re-introduction?

Hello!

Some of you may remember me.  I was a regular around here a while back (2011?) and have been on-and-off the forums for the last year or so.  I did a few challenges, but gave up on them when I felt like they were getting too complicated (race, class, skill points, gah...) and too big (I couldn't keep up with everyone's challenge threads, and it seemed like no one was trying to keep up with mine either).

So, my story at this point:  I was overweight most of my life, and then started getting really into fitness and healthy eating a few years ago.  In 2011/early 2012 I was at my best, lifting 3 days a week and even  tried a Whole 30 month, which went very well.  I'd dropped down to an approximate goal weight and was just working on losing some more fat and building strength and enjoying fitness.

Somewhere during the summer, though, I suppose you could say I fell off the bandwagon.  I was getting stressed out due to relationship issues (kind of good ones - I was getting impatient for a silly ring on my finger).  It was making me lazy about exercise and diet.

And then... I got that ring!  Huzzah!  I'm engaged to be married at the end of August. :)  And so all fall and winter I celebrated my happiness.  And it was making me lazy about exercise and diet.

I was pretty determined to get my act in order starting in the new year.  And then I discovered that I've got this mysterious passion for cake decorating.  I've been taking courses every week and I've probably baked 15 cakes (in various forms of layers and stacks) and whipped up 50 cups of various icings since the start of January.  It's fun.  Unfortunately, I have eaten a good portion of those as well.

So now I'm here again.  Getting my crap together.  I doubt I'll get to the level of activity I was at a couple years ago, because I'm working earlier hours and busy with decorating cakes and planning a wedding.  But I'm up ~15lbs from where I was the most comfortable with my body, and I want to return to that.

I don't really have a plan right now.  Stop being so lazy, I suppose - and I'm going to try to focus on keeping my food under control, and not being so easy on myself.  Because that doesn't require as much time as 3 extra days at the gym!

Sorry for the long post... I think I needed to say all this for myself as much as anyone else. :)

Mmm... kaik.

Twitter - flickr

Congrats on the pending nuptials! I too am starting over after a somewhat defeating 2012. Oh well, shit happens, right? I know just what it's like to get overwhelmed with the challenges as well. My first one nose-dived after a few weeks. My first and only one that is. As far as I see it, the things that have happened up until this point are in the past, and aren't worth worrying about or dwelling on. You can't change them -- the best you can hope for is to impact them in a positive, meaningful way going forward.

Best of luck and hope to see you around more!

>> Jay

>> Jay

BLOG ~ TWITTER

It's never too late to be who you might have been. -- George Eliot

The opposite of courage in our society is not cowardice, it is conformity. -- Rollo May

Archived