Forums are back in action! ×

Lets get this party started

Hello Rebels!

Like all of you lovely people, I'm here to change something about myself. I'm a bit of a lumpy elf at the moment, and I want to become a Ranger/Warrior, so I want to lose some body fat, mainly my gut and chest, and then fill that in with muscle (building up everywhere else as well). Yeah, I do want to look better, but really I want to feel better, I want to be able throw myself into new things and enjoy myself on the way to that. So! I'm here to get hints, tips, and a healthy dollop of support for what should be one hell of a journey.

Right now, I'm doing body weight workouts, generally around my day whilst working (benefit of working from home for the next couple of months), with the occasional run (all of 10 minutes I'm ashamed to say). I do have a couple of dumbbells (max weight of 13.5kg each, or 16kg solo) and some hanging ropes for chin ups and pull ups. I did have a gym membership, but I couldn't justify the price for how often I was able to go, a motivation issue really, so I've got to work on that, and hopefully find a fitness buddy to compete against.

Current Weight & Size:

Height: 6' 3" (191cm)

Weight: 12 Stone (77kg)

Chest: 39 inch (99cm)

Waist (belly button height): 35 inch (89cm)

Trouser Waist: 34 inch (86cm)

Calf (I'm measuring my calf so that I don't neglect my legs in future, standing near the groin): 22 inch (56cm)

BMI (pretty poor measurement, but the more metrics the better later): 21.0 (Normal weight = 18.5–24.9)

Target Weight & Size:

These are targets for now, I may change my mind further down the line.

Weight: 12-13.5 Stone (77kg - 86kg)

Chest: 40-42 inch (101- 107cm)

Waist (belly button height): 34 inch (86cm)

Trouser Waist: 34 inch (86cm)

Calf (I'm measuring my calf so that I don't neglect my legs in future, standing near the groin): 26 inch (66cm)

BMI: 23.7

No tensing, front & side full body (well most of body shot)

http://imgur.com/a/PRLdO

What it's Going to Take:

• I eat too much crap at the moment, generally because I don't plan ahead enough and then eat something convenient. So that's got to stop, and I'll have to roughly plan out what I'm going to eat each week
  • I know that I drink too much beer, but I don't really want to cut out drinking entirely, so I'm going to trade in my pint for a G&T (slim line tonic obviously!)
  • I need to get some real structure to my work outs, rather than 20 press ups every now and then to break up the work day
  • Weights! I'm either going to need to top up the weights that I've got at home, or I need to find a cheaper gym and make sure that I go often enough

So yeah...diet and exercise. I guess I'll go for a run now!

Archived