Forums are back in action! ×

Slightly overweight Stone Giant Adventurer...hoping to one day level to Assassin

Hi All!

I'm a 29 (almost 30...gulp) year old mom from Tampa.  I'm relatively new here (I admit, I've been a lurking lurker for about a week now), and new to this lifestyle.

I'll keep my intro short, as I'm sure there are other things for people to do. 

I'm not new to losing weight & working out.  And I'm not new to being a nerd.  I am, however, new to the Paleo end of things.  I have been heavy most of my adult life (not so much in younger years), and I decided to do something about it.  So, I lost a total of 45 pounds, and was about 10 to 15 pounds from my goal weight.  Well, then I got pregnant.  Unfortunately, I lost the first baby, but was blessed the 2nd time around with a beautiful little boy.  Who loves to run...and climb...and run some more.  As you can guess, I gained back the weight + 40 more.  Managed to lose some of it again...and gained some back.  Yeah, I'm not too good with this yo-yo thing. 

I was looking for something recently.  Because I can't keep up the lifestyle that I was living.  And happened upon Nerd Fitness.  I must say, I've had my mind blown.  I started on the Paleo way of eating right away.  Now, at current (like I said, it's been a week), I'm about 65% on, and 35% non.  I'm working on changing, but a little at a time right?  All I have to say is that...this I can do.  For the 1st time in my life...I'm not worried about what I eat.  It's...liberating to say the least.  I feel good, I haven't had any headaches (except the 1st couple days...sugar withdrawl, yum) which I had been prone to.  I'm loving the whole environment.

Oh, and since I've started...since my goal is weight loss (at first, then working more on strength and endurance) I've already lost 2 pounds...and haven't been depriving myself.  Eating when you are hungry...what a novel idea!

Ricandaleir, Level 1 Inari Adventurer (but Assassin at heart!)STR 3|DEX 2|STA 2|CON 2|WIS 4|CHA 2

Archived