Forums are back in action! ×

Short Trip Kits

So next month I'm going to Everett Washington for some training. Sad thing about things is that the company is not going for a car, and I think most restaurants near by the hotel are Mexican. So I'm curious what a Paleo-minded individual would pack for short business trips like this.

Where are you going to stay? There are several of us who live in or near Everett- we might be able to point you in the right direction.

I read a study once that said doing ANYTHING in the gym is more anabolic than doing NOTHING sitting in front of the computer.

~Chris Shugart @ T-nation

Iron is full of impurities that weaken it: through forging, it becomes steel and is

transformed into a razor-sharp sword. Human beings develop in the same fashion.

~Morihei Ueshiba

Favorites:

* Robb Wolf Podcast #68- Matt Lalonde vs gluten (<-transcript)

*Documentary: Fat Head

*NF blog:Most Inspirational 20 Minutes

*Starting Strength Wiki

I love Mexican food! I eat fajitas, eggs and chorizo, or some sort of pork. I ask for extra veggies, guacamole, hold the chips, rice and beans. No real issues, and I usually get it for the same price, or a couple bucks extra.

Though I have no real recommendations as far as business trips go, as I don't really have to do many (or at all, actually). Pack some whey protein, lara bars, beef jerky, and call it good?

I do live in Everett, and haven't had any issues eating primal blueprint style. I admit, it would be harder if I was pure paleo...

Towneplace Suites by Marriott Seattle North/Mukilteo off of Mulkiteo Speedway. First time there I only found the Taco Bell, Burger Joint, and a Mediterranean place. They have a map of nearby places in the hotel, but I like to go places by foot. The company has me going to Fluke for some training.

Is the Patty's Eggnest off the list? 4 min on foot. I've heard mixed reviews if you stray from the breakfast foods.

When are you going to be out here? I can probably pick you up and at least get you out of the neighborhood for a dinner or two. You need to be on the other side of Boeing to have much in the way of options.

I read a study once that said doing ANYTHING in the gym is more anabolic than doing NOTHING sitting in front of the computer.

Iron is full of impurities that weaken it: through forging, it becomes steel and is

~Morihei Ueshiba

Favorites:

*Starting Strength Wiki

Agreed. PM me, we could work out some details to get you out and about and grab some real food (depending on the evening -- I work nights).

Patty's eggnest is good for breakfast stuff. Egg scrambles w/cheese (you can eat dairy. or not...), meats and stuff. Just ask for fruit instead of hashbrowns and toast. Open from like 7-3 daily.

Cool guys, yea I'll be there from April 10th until effectively the 15th. Hopefully I settle in from the flight faster than last time (3 hour difference really got me and I didn't adjust until the last night) Definitely appreciate it as it'll be a nice change from programming all day.

i can tell you what NOT to bring.

do not bring chocolate protein powder individually portioned into ziploc baggies.

seriously. the airport does not like that.

I'm no longer an active member here. Please keep in touch:
“There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind.”

What's the street value of 28g of chocolate protein powder? Did you step on it, or was it pure? Do you cook it down and inject it? Or just mix with water? :D

~Morihei Ueshiba

Favorites:

*Starting Strength Wiki