Forums are back in action! ×

Guess Who's Back?

I doubt that any of you would have guessed that I'm the one who's back, seeing as I didn't have much of a presence when I was here in 2011. But here I am anyway, because I know that I need a major upgrade to my physical self in order to boost my mental health.

Depression, panic disorder, and procrastination. The tri-force that is the bane of my current existence. OK, so maybe that last one isn't exactly a mental health issue, but I'll be damned if it doesn't screw me over just as bad as the other two. Some of these problems really only started after the unexpected loss of a family member last year, but I've been a serial procrastinator for quite a while longer. You probably wouldn't be surprised to learn that, in the realm of diet and exercise, I am definitely an underpants gnome. Which we all know can only go on for so long before you give in or get moving.

Over the past few months I have effectively fought back the dragons of panic and depression with dietary changes and supplements. The exercise piece, however, has been the hardest to get going again. The worst part is I know it's the ultimate weapon that stands between me and slaying these foul beasts for good. Yet something keeps holding me back. My fear, worries, and procrastinating laziness are definitely a big part of it, but above and beyond such emotions, I've come to realize two very important things ove the past year:

• We are all far stronger than we give ourselves credit for.
  • Life is too short to waste, but far too long to spend hating yourself.

So here I am, ready to make my choice... and I choose to GET MOVING.

>> Jay

BLOG ~ TWITTER

It's never too late to be who you might have been. -- George Eliot

The opposite of courage in our society is not cowardice, it is conformity. -- Rollo May

Archived