Forums are back in action! ×

A Prodigal Rebel appears back in camp determined to make this work

UncleTone

Those of you that know me here also know that I have been trying to get fit for awhile...and have failed miserably.  Every few months I come back here, beaten and worn out, but with renewed vigor to try again and with hope for the future.  I join challenges, make promises, and do well, for about a week and then I vanish once more.  

Well, here I am again, really wanting to make this work this time.  I have gained weight and now weigh more than when I very first joined the rebellion (but UncleTone isn't that the opposite of what the rebellion does?).  Well yes it is observant observer.  

So what is different this time?  

Glad you asked.  

This time I have some support in my life which is setting me up for success.  My wife, wanting another baby, wanting to get into a little shape herself, not wanting to become diabetic when she is pregnant, and probably because she sees that I am out of breath from carrying a baby filled car seat up the stairs, has decided that she wants to go Paleo/Primal.  I have gone Paleo in the past and it has given me great results.  I lose weight, I feel better, I sleep better, I er...practice making babies better ( :orange: ) but after a few weeks I have always dropped the ball and let it completely derail me.  It was doubly hard because while I was eating Paleo my wife was eating all the things that I over indulge on in the first place.  Now with her on board it will be much easier to change our eating lifestyle and it will much cheaper because I will be shopping for a single meal plan and not multiple.

The other setup for success is that I now have a gym buddy.  My mom, who lost over a hundred pounds in the past 24 months and is in the best shape of her life, offered to be my gym buddy.  She runs, she weight trains, she is awesome and thus, I took her up on the offer.  Whereas I can easily flake out on friends and make excuses to not go to the gym, I can not flake out on my mother and I know that if I do not show up at the gym she will come knocking on the door...or at the very least make me feel very guilty, a gift which all mothers are bestowed.

So with two very good support systems in my life I am ready to make this happen, I will make a Battle Log soon, and I hope you will all welcome back a Prodigal Rebel!

Dwarf Ranger STR 3 // DEX 2 // STA 2 // CON 4 // WIS 2 // CHA 2"It's Simple, so says the Captain;Face Forward,Move Slow,Forge Ahead.Onward! Onward! Onward!"

"It matters not if a man fall 100 times, what matters is that he picks himself back up 101 times."

Good luck.

"If you would improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid." - Epictetus

"You just gotta listen to your body, unless it's saying anything about stopping, pain, your joints, or needing water."

Level 20 Pilgrim (Adventurer 7, Assassin 3, Druid 2, Monk 10, Ranger 5, Rebel 9, Scout 10, Warrior 4)

I lose weight, I feel better, I sleep better, I er...practice making babies better ( :orange:

Good luck man ! Here's to lvling up your baby making skills lol 

Half Drow - Level 1 Adventurer                               Stats
Strength--------4       Dexterity--------1                    Height: 5' 6         Weight: 150
Stamina--------2        Constitution---2                                    
Wisdom--------3         Charisma------3                     Physical Attributes: Unhealthy, love handles , stout 
Challenge: Level 1 Questing                                     Habits: Energy drinks , Googling everything i see

There is a quit smoking ad on here that says each time you stop smoking you are teaching yourself how to quit. It's te same with testing healthy. You know what has helped you in the past and that can help you move forward.

Great job with collecting the support people around you. Don't forget we are all here to help each other. You've got both food and exercise covered so make the most of the help and throw yourself into it.

Good luck

Skywalker

Progress woot: Skywalker's success

Character Profile:  Skywalker

Blog:  Just Get Moving

Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it!

Awesome read.  Thanks.

And thank you everyone else for the support.  I started on Monday and have been 100% Paleo and have worked out each day.  I will only allow a small pat on the back because I have been to this place in the journey before, but it feels great to be moving along again.  I will get some measurements soon and start the battle log.

Thanks again everyone, you guys rock.

Dwarf Ranger STR 3 // DEX 2 // STA 2 // CON 4 // WIS 2 // CHA 2"It's Simple, so says the Captain;Face Forward,Move Slow,Forge Ahead.Onward! Onward! Onward!"

Archived