Forums are back in action! ×

Looking to make a change, kinda know where to start

So, hi.  *points to username*  I'm Amanda.  I'm almost 27 years old and I live on Vancouver Island in beautiful British Columbia, Canada (no, seriously, "Beautiful British Columbia" is on our license plates).  I have no delusions about what I look like (big), and I'm working to change that.  I'd like to lose at least 30 pounds before my wedding in October and I know it's going to take a lot of hard work.  I'm working on overhauling my diet and adding body weight workouts to my minimum three day a week cardio routine.

I found this place through random google searches - first looking for smoothie recipes, and then looking for more information on the paleo diet when I saw something called a 'paleo smoothie'.  So here I am, trying to make big changes (had my first full day of paleo today and I feel better already) and hoping to stick with them and see some kind of results.  I want to be able to keep up with my future kids instead of huffing and puffing after them.

6th kyu in Aikido

I write stuff in my spare time

I love Star Trek

Welcome to the rebellion. That's some good motivation for getting into shape, now I encourage you to pin down some specifics.  What do you hope to get done in the next three weeks? We're halfway into a six week challenge, would you consider setting up some goals so you have something concrete to start with?

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Archived