Forums are back in action! ×

2ND TIME'S THE CHARM

Hello Everyone,

I am a 26 year old who's had trouble with weight for as long as I've been aware of it. I've worn as large as a size 16 during my pre-teen and teen years. Rice has always been a staple in my family's home being an American of Asian descent, and food waste has always been frowned upon. As a child, I was always encouraged to eat more and finish everything that hit my plate. During my last year of college, however, I did start on a road to change as I started eating smaller portions and exercising regularly, which both brought me better health and renewed confidence and a size 8. This was both a blessing and a curse, however, as I finally started to date, which led to relationships that began to hinder the progress I'd made. It seems that the guys were never as concerned about health and fitness, which then, in turn, made me forget it altogether. This brings me to the present, where I've mustered up a renewed hunger to finally achieve my goal of losing weight and maintaining it as I've gone backward to a size 10-12. Although I still have many around me who are not as enthusiastic about me watching what I eat and visiting the gym 6 days a week, I am drawing strength from those at the gym who share in my beliefs. Currently, I am using myfitnesspal on my phone and computer to count calories, taking 6 fitness classes a week as well as doing my own cardio and calisthenics on the 2 days I don't take a class. I usually am not as religious with the calorie counting on the weekends, however. Recently, I did try 2 healthy recipes I'd found, and failed miserably. Now I'm at a point where I know I've made progress, but I'm wondering if it will last if I can't even cook myself food I'll want to eat. I spent a lot at the grocery to get on the right path and now I'm just disappointed. I will continue my journey, but with just an ounce of doubt in the back of my mind. I found this site somehow while browsing online, and have found what I've read to be great and easy-to-understand. Although I'm not a real extreme gamer, I do love playing sports related games on my xbox 360 when I have the time as well as shooting zombies on C.O.D. That's how I usually relaxed after work before I started going to the gym again. While I'm here, I'm hoping to read up more on advice given and eventually be a success story myself. Thanks for reading and happy to be on board!

Welcome to the rebellion.  Check out the diet and nutrition boards, there are a lot of healthy doable recipies on there.  This is a great community for support and encouragement.  Have you looked into the six week challenges?

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Archived