Forums are back in action! ×

Newbie sayin hello!

Hi All,

A good friend of mine intro'd me to this site a few weeks ago an have been hooked on reading it ever since.  SO hooked ,wife an I are about to embark on a 30 day Paelo challenge! Can't wait, as we both feel food is our downfall from reaching our ideal selves.

Current Fitness:

Avid P90x/P90x2/Insanity user.  couldn't stand paying for gym membership and it always being packed and couldn't use the machines or area i wanted to.  WOrking out at home on my schedule has allowed me to do more.

20-30 mile a week runner. Training for first 10K APril 8th.  Ran my first 5k back in november, and was hooked. New England winter came early and that was it for last yr.  

Running has been addicting/rewarding/annoying all at the same time. I've recently had a setback with both of my calf's that's got me on a forced rest for the next few days which is allowin me to post here.

Goals,

10 K in APril

2 seperate 5K's planned in April/May 

10Miler end of July

and the REAL goal, finish my first Tough Mudder in August!

Needs:

Help!  I'm having issues with both my calf's when running. I feel it's a strain from over running as the pain only happens when i'm joggin/running.  I'ts on the inside of both legs, towards the middle of the leg. I do my best to stretch, foam roll it out but still get pain.  ANyone have any pointers you can pass my way to help in getting this annoyance out of the way.

THanks in advance!

-Mike

Well, nobody is going to accuse you of being a beginner, that's for sure.  I don't really have any pointers for the calves since I'm not really a runner, but it sounds like your workout style is pretty much in-line with the Assassins/Scouts around here so you might check those sections of the forum for some advice.  

You certainly have the workout side of things handled, so looking at your diet was a smart move.  I'm not fully paleo, I still have some cheese on my eggs and the occasional 6oz greek yogurt (plain) after a workout, but since I transitioned to whole foods with a focus on meat and lots of veggies I've definitely felt a huge shift in how I feel.  Good luck with the 30 days, and keep us posted!

None but a coward dares to boast that he has never known fear.   

-Ferdinand Foch

Archived