Forums are back in action! ×

New Rebel Here!

Hi everyone! I recently stumbled across this site and decided to give it a try. A little information about me:

In the spring of 2011 I was diagnosed with stage 2 hypertension, obesity, severe depression and anxiety. In short, I was a heavily medicated, complete wreck. After accepting that I wasn't just "big-boned", but rather I was an emotional eater that gorged myself into obesity ... I started in January of 2012 monitoring what I ate and slowly started exercising. Eventually, I wasn't as exhausted as I had always been. I had more energy. I was, in general, a happier person.

I lost 55 lbs in eight months -- reversed my hypertension, got my depression and anxiety under control, and am officially in a health weight range.

I'm very happy with the progress I've made, but I want to continue to delve deeper into this lifestyle. I love running... it's a crazy hobby, I know... but it's my "me" time. This summer I've signed up for fourteen races. I plan to run my first ever half marathon and tri-sprint race.

I also want to familiarize myself with heavy lifting and cleaner eating habits.

Thanks for reading, folks! I look forward to being a part of this awesome community! :peaceful:

Archived