Forums are back in action! ×

Inspired to Rebel

Greetings!

My name is Amanda and I have been reading Nerd Fitness ever since I stumbled upon "How to Finally Do a Pull Up" last October. Getting involved with the community and writing a post has been a very long time coming, as I am painfully shy and even more self-conscious! I have struggled with my weight and self image ever since I was a wee lass and am finally taking control of the situation by setting concise and achievable goals. They are as follows;

1) On July 6th I will successfully run 5K and happily allow friends and strangers to pummel me with colour bombs

I have taken steps towards this goal by printing off the C25K plan and today I starting jogging as per my physical therapy. (I broke my ankle playing roller derby on November 8, 2012- see my First Steps post in the w00t room for a picture of my x-rays!)

2) I will celebrate my 23rd birthday (October 25th) by fitting into a pair of size 5 jeans (Currently size 10)

I have taken steps towards this by switching my diet to about 80% paleo (I just cannot give up milk and some certain grains yet) and have been tracking everything I eat for the last 28 days. I do body weight workouts three times a week with increasing difficulty each week, yoga two days a week, and my daily physical therapy stretches.

3) By my next birthday (October 25th) I will be more than halfway completed my upgrading and sending out applications to universities. My first choice is UNB, which means my goal also includes moving across Canada for four years!

I have taken steps towards this by asking my manager to approve a tuition waiver for upgrading courses (I work at a college) and have just been given the go-ahead today. I have also been putting away as much as I can from each paycheck to save up for my University tuition. I may also coordinate the sale of most of my household in preparation to live in residence.

I humbly share these goals with you in the hopes that I can receive guidance and support by my brothers and sisters in the Rebellion.

Cheers,

Amanda (Laces High)

Laces High Level 2 Adventurer

STR - 4 DEX - 2 STA - 6 CON - 5 WIS - 5 CHA - 4

“I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living.†-Dr. Seuss

Hey Amanda, I'm new to the rebellion myself and I know what you mean about being shy even on a forum. Good luck with the C25K, I've completed it a few times over the years and even though I can sometimes feel slow in the beginning your joints will thank you for pacing yourself.

1 Challenge completed.

Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology. I would rather take it at UNB because it is far less pretentious and expensive than the University of Alberta. Fredericton just looks like a beautiful little town, too. Thanks for the well-wishes! I am going to be training in my Vibrams for the five k, super excited!

Laces High Level 2 Adventurer

STR - 4 DEX - 2 STA - 6 CON - 5 WIS - 5 CHA - 4

“I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living.†-Dr. Seuss

Archived