Forums are back in action! ×

Finally found somewhere right

I've been in and out of being fit for years. Growing up I lived on a 10k acre cattle ranch and was very fit. I never did sports, but I worked hard every day and was able to carry two 90lb hay bales and then throw them on top of a stack in the bed of a pickup. At the time I couldn't run for anything, but, then I joined the Navy and that only changed a little.

I've been in the Navy for 8 years now and well, much though it seems odd, I'm in the worst shape of my life right now. I work a rare desk job in the Navy and its effects are showing. That coupled with a HORRID relationship for the past year and change, well, I went from a very fit 152 lifting, hiking, paintballing, swimming and cycling to a very heavy 190 over about 9 months. 

I moved to Maryland last April and then discovered rugby in August. Over a season of rugby my weight came down to 178 and my strength started to increase again, but on came winter, I had a bad breakup, and old habits resurfaced. I'm in a different and much better place now though emotionally and relationship wise. 

About three weeks ago I started hitting the gym again. I've always been a fan of lifting, but recently I've been more focused in it. I'm really guilty of sucking at my workouts at times by doing some of the wrong (read vain boys) workouts, but now I'm getting better at it. 

Since I've started working out, my body weight has increased to 183 unfortunately, but, thankfully, I can kinda (I think and I hope) see some of the right kind of changes happening. The good news though is that my strength is definitely increasing. Here are my baseline stats:

Squat: 115

Deadlift: 115

Press: 65

Benchpress: 75

The overall goal I presently have is to be able to dominate the rugby pitch for a full 80 minutes. I play prop and that means I need a massive combination of strength and endurance with plenty of burst speed so I can sprint and make tackles when they're needed. I know this time around I can reach this goal and, as is said on this site, "level up my life" because I'm with a supportive spouse who is an avid runner, I finally have the tools and understanding I need to live my life the way better.

Sooooo there you have it. This i me, and I look forward to making the journey with you all. 

Anyone who has the inclination to play a sport where helmets are optional and is sometimes kicked off by the Haka (youtube All Blacks for those who don't know) is a hero in my books!! I'll be rooting for you :redface:

Laces High Level 2 Adventurer

STR - 4 DEX - 2 STA - 6 CON - 5 WIS - 5 CHA - 4

“I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living.†-Dr. Seuss

Archived