Forums are back in action! ×

Hey, yall. :)

I just wanted to say hello to everyone on NF. I actually didn't know that this little place existed until my friend introduced me today, but so far, I am glad to be here!

My weight loss journey is starting from the ground up...I lost about 40 pounds 8 years (and baby ago, then gained it back plus some) ago, but it wasn't the right way, and I don't want to fall back into old habits. It has been as long since I've been in a gym and, since there is some level of anonymity here, I will be honest and say that walking into a gym now freaks me the freak out. :nightmare: I don't remember how to use any of the machines...I'm the heaviest now that I have ever been in my life...and I hate not knowing what I'm doing and feeling like a fool.

Sooo, I would gladly welcome any just-starting-at-the-gym advice, and also clean eating tips. I am a Mom with a full-time job, and I will fully admit that I don't eat like I should. But it's been so long since I've made an honest attempt, that I just don't know where to start. :nonchalance:

There's never a better time to start than now!  Check your area gyms, there are a lot that offer an initial consultation to show you how to use everything - I got a free session when I joined mine...it was very helpful.

Also see if you can find a class - I found a weights for women class at a local community center and I really like it...it's women only and our age range is 35-70+ there are only 8 of us I think and it's been a really good experience.  Small group training has a lot of benefits and is much more affordable that 1:1.  Our instructor does a good job individualizing for us.

Good Luck!

Archived