Forums are back in action! ×

If I want to be a superhero I might as well start acting like one

Hi,

I'm Vicki. I'm 33 and from... I don't even know anymore. ha I grew up in Maine and have lived in 8 states in the last 10 years. None of them really feel like home though. I spent 5 years in the Marine Corps and 3 years in Air National Guard while going back to college.

I'm huge soccer (or football) and MotoGP fan. I coach soccer and still play whenever I can. Unfortunately, playing isn't as fun when you find yourself gasping for breath after a slow sprint. I also enjoy running races. I've done half marathons, 10K, 5K, and obstacle races (Zombie races and Color Runs are a BLAST!). I've just done them in very poor shape...

My best friend since my senior year in high school (also a marine now) is a Marvel geek and I love him for it. He nicknamed our group of friends The Avengers, deciding that due to my red hair and proficiency in languages I was Black Widow. I'm 5''3" and in the 5 years since the Marine Corps I've gone from 135lbs 160lbs. Since bestie (Captain America) wants us to be superheroes, I think it's about time for me to start acting like one.

I've been lurking around Nerd Fitness for a while now thanks to my friend Batman (yeah, I know... crossing DC and Marvel universes). I'm finally participating. I've had enough of being tired, weak, and overall upset with myself

Yes I loooove the zombie races. I've never felt more empowered than I did after Run for Your Lives last year! I basically had a panic attack in the freezing river (did NOT expect that when I jumped in) but pulled myself together and not only did I make it through, I kept pushing myself! Great events! I did the Color Run last year and am doing it twice this year too!

Welcome! Being part of the rebellion isn't the easiest thing in the world. We face mighty opponents in ourselves, but it's worth it - if you're strong enough. And you are. 

Spend some time learning about the S.M.A.R.T. Goal setting system, and puh-puh-puhleeeease ask for feedback! I've never seen an online community as supportive as the rebellion! 

Thanks for joining, and don't hesitate to PM if you need anything.

JB 2.0

Level 1 Simian Ranger
STR 4.5|DEX 2|STA 2|CON 3|WIS 3|CHA 2

Opportunity should be equal, must be equal, but achievement must remain individual.

-R.A. Salvatore

My Challenge Thread | My Battle Log | Battle Log Spreadsheet | Down and Dirties!

Archived