Forums are back in action! ×

Baltimore Rebel, Level: n00b

Hey all,

I'm Jen. I've been fairly active on and off my whole life, but recently started getting into weightlifting, rock climbing and eat about 95% paleo. I want to look good and in general be a badass chick.

I'm passionate about the outdoors--I've been hiking and camping since I was born and I go caving a couple times a season. 

I have a few events I'm training for, I'm running lots of 5Ks this summer but I'm working hard to be a beast in time for Savage Race in July and Run for Your Lives in October. I've never really lifted before 2013 and I've NEVER done anything to build upper body strength. I kind of feel like I'm going through puberty with how much my body has changed since I started this in late January!

My fitness routine is weightlifting full-body 3x/week, spin class twice a week, a 10+ mile hike once a week and I fit in some rock climbing and other cardio here and there. I refuse to run on treadmills! 

My current goals: be able to do a pull-up, boulder a v2 and toprope a 5.9.

In my non-fitness life, I'm a graduate student (master's in education) and I run my own freelance makeup business, as well as work the occasional shift at MAC Cosmetics.

Geek wise, I LIVE AND DIE HARRY POTTER AND LORD OF THE RINGS (books not movies). I'm also a big Star Trek and Twilight Zone fan, as well as the original Star Wars (although that should go without saying), Buffy/Jossverse and Lost. I'm a huge Tarantino (*cough*and Christoph Waltz) fan. I also listen to Howard Stern religiously every day. 

Anyways, looking forward to getting to know folks here and learn how others are staying in shape and building strong bodies. 

Auf wiedersen! The attached picture is from St Patty's this year. I've lost 7 lbs and am feeling pretty good!

post-14615-0-11087600-1363825006_thumb.j

Archived