Forums are back in action! ×

Achievement Unlocked: Superhero Persona

Choto

Not much of an actual achievement, but just something NF-inspired that I'm excited about.

One of the first articles I read after I found this site was the blog post about becoming a super hero in 4 steps.

The advice sounded fun, but it's not the kind of thing I would normally do.  Years ago when I was healthier and had higher self-esteem, I would allow the louder parts of my personality to show more.  But as the weight piled on, bad interpersonal decisions cut away at my self-worth, etc., I become quieter and more conservative about this stuff.  But thanks to that article and this community, I've decided to say "Eff it!" and let myself be a little dramatic if it helps get me excited about working out instead of dreading it.

To that end, I dug through my music collection to find 14 or 15 of the songs that most make me want to smile and/or flip a table.  Some of them are cheesy as hell, but they have that emotional pull for me.

After that, I went ahead and ordered three Galactic Football Leage t-shirts from Scott Sigler's website to use as workout shirts.  http://scottsigler.com/products?category_id=5

I'm a huge fan of the GFL novels (see also: my forum handle and avatar).  I like plenty of other more universally nerdy things, but this is where I really get my geek on so I figured I should just go with it.

I picked up two shirts for the To Pirates, with their fun/weird alien skull and crossbones on the front, and a shirt one size smaller for the Ionath Krakens so I can rep my team after I drop some weight.  From what I've heard, they'll be reprinting the Krakens shirts and the Orbiting Death shirts, and I'll pick up a couple of each if/when that happens.  I'm especially excited to someday get my hands on the Orbiting Death shirts.  Don't get me wrong, I bleed Orange and Black...But the Orbiting Death logo is awesome and it's designed to look like the kind of shirts they'd give to players to use during practice and weight training sessions, which is perfect for my intended use.

Archived