Forums are back in action! ×

Always wanted to be apart of a Rebellion

Hellooo :D

New to NF (obviously)... and exercise in general to be honest; I've always been a bit of a couch potato :lol:

A bit about me:

- I'm 20

- I was at Uni studying a Bachelor of Film Production

- Which means I'm a bit of a film nerd (not cool enough to call myself a real nerd)

- In fact, I'm not even a film nerd; I'm just lazy and I like watching movies :lol:

- Deferred from Uni and got my Certificate II in Building and Construction as a Carpenter

- Now I work at a fancy cocktail bar

...Why am I here?

I'm just an average 20 year old that wants to get fit. Not doing it because I'm overweight (I'm actually too skinny). Not on doctor's orders (doc says I'm healthy enough). There'll be no dramatic difference to my body - I just want to get proper healthy. I've smoked for 5/6 years, I eat a lot of junk (I do eat a lot of healthy food too but I wanna cut out the junk) and I'm sick of having little to no muscle and not being able to run more than a few metres without having a coughing fit (that'd be the filthy smoking).

...What am I going to do?

- Well I just quit smoking (day 2); and I used to go through a pouch of tobacco every 2 days

- Stopped drinking Soda (don't really like it all that much anyway)

- I plan to exercise everyday (starting off with Steve's 'Beginner's Body Weight Circuit') - I'm not one for all that fancy gym equipment

- Going to start waking up early like I used to instead of sleeping all day like I do now (except on days after I work because I work at a bar until 4am... good ol' night shifts... But I will only get my 7/8 hours sleep and no more)

- After reading quite a bit in the last week on NF I'm also keen to get onto this Paleo diet (shouldn't be toooo hard - my mom is a Coeliac and can't consume gluten... not a lifestyle choice - she'll actually die.... so I'm used to meals with very little gluten. Gotta learn to eat eggs without toast in the mornings) bugger.

Anyways sorry for the essay folks,

Cheers.

Jimmy :D

Lvl 1 Human Ranger
STR 1 | DEX 1 | STA 2 | CON 5 | WIS 3 | CHA 3

Current Challenge: Jimmy's First Challenge

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit.
- Aristotle

What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals.
- Goethe

Hey, welcome to the Rebellion! Don't worry, Paleo is a breeze :tongue: Really it is much easier once you get into it! The Beginner Body Weight Routine is great! It is the routine I started with and still use today! I have adjusted it to my improved fitness level as well as added a few workouts to it. I'm the same when in comes to the gym, I have never been much of a fan of it myself. I have only recently added some heavy weight routines because I want to bulk up better! Anyways, Check out the Bar Brothers, which you'll find a link to in my signature! I'm sure you'll love them! Good luck with your goals. Start a Daily Battle Log, and if you're interested get a character going and get into the challenges!

Cheers Synyster :D

Yeah I'm not too fussed about giving up grains and all that jazz - my problem is sticking to routines. I've decided I'm going to get fit, just have to stick to it now and not take the easy way out :lol:

Not sure I can complete any of the challenges yet so I might leave that for a bit but hopefully I'll be right into it all soon :)

Thanks again for the support!

Jimmy. ^_^

Lvl 1 Human Ranger

- Aristotle

What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals.
- Goethe

If sticking to it is the problem, then starting a Battle Log is definitely the way to go! Check out other peoples' battle logs and get a general idea for what to do. I also find it good to pre-cook meals for the week! I generally buy a bulk of chick breasts and cook them up at the end of the week, put them in separate bags and freeze them. On top of that, I get frozen vegetables (all natural mind you, nothing with extra additives) to go along with it. This keeps it simple in the fact that breakfast is ALWAYS going to be eggs with some veggies, snacks are always going to be veggies, and dinner will always be chicken with veggies. Now on intense work out days, my diet may vary in order to get the necessary protein, but generally it is just that. It may seem like it would get old after a while, but I find doing different seasonings and experimenting with the food makes it more enjoyable (: 

I reckon it's the exercise routine that's going to be hard to stick with - not because it's necessarily a hard routine but because up until this point I've been a lazy sod for the last 10 years.

I'll definitely be going to the wholesale butcher and buying a heap of meat and freezing it.

Cheers again for the advice :D

Lvl 1 Human Ranger

- Aristotle

- Goethe

Archived