Forums are back in action! ×

Quit Smoking

Jimmy

Hey folks! :D

Not sure if it's an appropriate 'woot topic' seeing as I haven't technically achieved anything but I'm feeling good about it... Aside from the 'Woot-factor' of just having joined NerdFitness and taking the steps to improve my life in the last couple of days...

I just quit smoking :triumphant:  *dances*

Cheers,

Jimmy.

Lvl 1 Human Ranger
STR 1 | DEX 1 | STA 2 | CON 5 | WIS 3 | CHA 3

Current Challenge: Jimmy's First Challenge

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit.
- Aristotle

What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals.
- Goethe

Super awesomeness. You guys rock! Quitting any addiction is hard work. O_o

Level 3 - Half-Elf Warrior, STR - 5 | DEX - 1 | STA - 6 | CON - 5.5 | WIS - 3.5 | CHA - 5

I know where I'm going, and I know the truth, and I don't have to be what you want me to be. I'm free to be what I want. ~  Ali

Previous Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

That's great man, make sure you keep the good work up!!

Cheers Irish :D

Keep it up, stay strong! I've had a few buddies who have given up smoking, they said it was really difficult, but great once they'd done it for good, and could taste food again!

Haha I never got the whole 'not tasting food' thing but we'll see hey? Cheers for the support! :D

75 days and counting, myself, so I know how hard this is, and how utterly life changing! Woots for you! How long have you been a smoker? Are you using anything to help you, like patches or gum?

Props man! 75 days is great! :D I'm only 20 so not for long - 6 years... I used to go through a pouch every 2 days though so I was a pretty filthy smoker :lol: And nah no patches or gum - just cold turkey. Out of all the recent changes I've made to get healthy (quitting smoking, starting on a paleo diet, exercising/working out, not drinking soda, banning junk food, etc) - Quitting smoking is actually the one I'm least worried about. I reckon I can give em up easily (despite loving the taste and feel) - It's getting into this routine of eating properly and exercising I'm worried about :lol: Anyway thanks for the support!

Super awesomeness. You guys rock! Quitting any addiction is hard work. O_o

True... Now to quit my couch addiction, television addiction, laziness adiction, sleep addiction and junk food addiction - it's gonna be a tough couple of months :lol:

Lvl 1 Human Ranger

- Aristotle

What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals.
- Goethe

Hey folks! :D

Not sure if it's an appropriate 'woot topic' seeing as I haven't technically achieved anything but I'm feeling good about it... Aside from the 'Woot-factor' of just having joined NerdFitness and taking the steps to improve my life in the last couple of days...

I just quit smoking :triumphant:  *dances*

Cheers,

Jimmy.

Haven't achieved anything?  Are you out of your mind?  You broke a crazy bad habit!  Well done!

TheBBP, level 1 Jedi Adventurer
STR 5|DEX 2|STA 1|CON 2|WIS 4|CHA 1

Hebrews 12:11-13
“No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it. Therefore, strengthen your feeble arms and weak knees.â€

Haven't achieved anything?  Are you out of your mind?  You broke a crazy bad habit!  Well done!

Haha thanks BB! Appreciate the support :D

Lvl 1 Human Ranger

- Aristotle

- Goethe

Hey folks! 

Thought I'd have another little woot moment - as of 4 days ago now it's been a month since I quit smoking :D

Just figured I'd pop in and celebrate my victory in the presence of my fellow rebels... most of the people around me haven't been very supportive of my changes to improve my life... but from what I've seen so far, this seems like a place where I might find someone to give me that pat on the back and some words of encouragement.

Cheers guys :)

Jimmy.

Lvl 1 Human Ranger

- Aristotle

- Goethe

Way to go Jimmy! I know how hard it is to quit, for me it was more mental, especially when you get in the habit of lighting up.

It's having to change your mindset of "I need one" to "I want one, but I don't need one" And for me, the want is always there. I've just gotten to the point where I can ignore it most of the time.

Keep at it!!!

Way to go Jimmy! I know how hard it is to quit, for me it was more mental, especially when you get in the habit of lighting up.

It's having to change your mindset of "I need one" to "I want one, but I don't need one" And for me, the want is always there. I've just gotten to the point where I can ignore it most of the time.

Keep at it!!!

Thanks maeggieakamegan! ^_^

I agree, it's all in the mindset! I think it was a little easier for me quitting than for some people though because I chose to quit, as apposed to being forced to quit as a result of severe health issues.

Although I loved cigarettes, I decided (after a mate said he reckons I wouldn't even last a week) that it was something I needed to prove I could do. It turned into a "hey why not take this opportunity to quit for good AND get healthy in other aspects of my life as well".

I'm glad I did it though and I appreciate the support :D

Lvl 1 Human Ranger

- Aristotle

- Goethe

No problem, glad to help. And wouldn't you know, it's always someone telling you-you can't do something that puts the fire in you ass to prove them wrong :peaceful:

Being honest here I'll admit, at times I do succumb to my urge of smoking every once in a blue moon (usually when I"m drinking) but I count those as my cheat smokes (along the same lines as cheat meals). Seeing as I hardly drink anymore, it's easy to resist the urge now.

No problem, glad to help. And wouldn't you know, it's always someone telling you-you can't do something that puts the fire in you ass to prove them wrong :peaceful:

Being honest here I'll admit, at times I do succumb to my urge of smoking every once in a blue moon (usually when I"m drinking) but I count those as my cheat smokes (along the same lines as cheat meals). Seeing as I hardly drink anymore, it's easy to resist the urge now.

Haha so true! People ought to tell me I can't look like Gerard Butler :lol:

Cheating aint so bad as long as it doesn't derail you :) I also cut down on my drinking which made it easier to not smoke - and left my job as a bartender which made it easier to not drink :lol:

Thanks again m. ^_^

Jimmy.

Lvl 1 Human Ranger

- Aristotle

- Goethe

Archived