Forums are back in action! ×

I'm just your average, ordinary, everyday Nerd.

Yep.  Came upon this site when reading Art of Manliness. The articles here are great inspiration and got me up and going again when i was feeling defeated.  I hope to pick up a few ideas here and there and make a few new friends. 

List of goals:

Lose between 20-30 pounds before my sister's wedding (90 days)

Make an A in all of my college courses.

Get a job here in this little town

Network and make as many connections as I can

Open up more to others around me

It's been a struggle, but I've been changing my habits here and there slowly.  Progressing and picking them back up If I drop them.  I just want to feel more confident, and that will only come if I change my bad habits.

Being in College has taught me one thing.  I can only truely depend on myself if i want to get things done.  Even if I have to scrap the plan and start over again.

Half-Orc/Barbarien  Level 1

Strength (STR) - 5

Dexterity (DEX) - 2

Stamina (STA) - 1

Constitution (CON) - 3

Wisdom (WIS) - 3

Charisma (CHA) - 1

I'm about 3 days in Paleo, and after comeing back and hitting the gym from spring break i think I might have lost 7 pounds (water weight most likely).

I'm a bit sore right now, so I might need to make adjestments here and there to make sure I get the nutrition I need, but I MUST get the weight down.  It's also a job thing too for the future when I graduate. I want to get myself out of this state where I feel negative about my body and keep getting into bad habits.  Enough is enough.

Edit: Also, is it too late to join the challenges or groups?  I put down my hybrid race and profession, but I really consider myself an adventurer because I'm a bit undecisive about it all. 

Strength (STR) - 5

Dexterity (DEX) - 2

Stamina (STA) - 1

Constitution (CON) - 3

Wisdom (WIS) - 3

Charisma (CHA) - 1

Thank you for the encouraging words. I've been on a workout program from the Bodyfitness page:http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/steve-cook-big-man-on-campus-12-week-college-trainer.html

I'm halfway through and my strength has doubled, but I'm not "seeing" much change except in my legs and my weight fluctuates constantly.   then again, my diet was horrendous.  I find myself doing constant research on form and ways to work certain areas.  I'm thinking about adding in a few weight lifting exercises and probably flippiing the routine upside down by starting on the bottom of the list and going up instead of goin from the top down.

But as a broke college kid, I'm doing research on where to find better foods closer to my living quarters. Tomorrow I'm going to check out the Mexican Market not far from here and see what groceries they might have.

Strength (STR) - 5

Dexterity (DEX) - 2

Stamina (STA) - 1

Constitution (CON) - 3

Wisdom (WIS) - 3

Charisma (CHA) - 1

Archived