Forums are back in action! ×

Life's little achievements

Irish Oisin

Over the last 4 years I've set myself a series of goals to achieve, and it got me thinking about this forum, I'd love to hear more!

I'll list some of mine seeing as this is the show off room!

I gave up alcohol and drugs - I never had a problem with either, but I wanted the change

I travelled a lot more, all over Europe, India, Australia, New York, Boston and Montreal

Gave up bread

Eat better food, NO food that comes in colourful boxes and replace cereal with porridge

Took up rugby - then broke my leg 6 weeks after taking it up one night in training

Rehabbed my leg by training for a marathon 7 months after the break -  5hrs 25minutes, not bad considering the crippling groin and hamstring muscle spasms for the last 10k, I'm glad I'm stubborn.

Be a nicer person

Exercise more, in particular, start lifting.

Run at least one 10k a year

Learn to drive and get my full license

Ask women out (I've been hugely unsuccessful but I'm still trying! I even went onto national Irish radio looking for a date, Ireland's highest rated morning show did a blind date with me!)

Read more fucking books.

Save money

Don't get sucked into dramatic situations - identify them and avoid.

Go to the beach more and hike more

These were all definite goals I set down and I've got them all done, broken bad habits and started new good ones!!

Oh, and since I've been in the gym I've been setting new goals; Tonight for example, I deadlifted 150kg, my new PB, chuffed!!!

Go BIG, or go home.

Awesome! I find it kinda funny that you set all of these really spectacular goals for yourself and were able to overcome adversities but the one you're having a hard time with is asking out women! That's got to be the easiest goal you set out of all of these!

Lvl.2 Adventurer & Aspiring Warrior/Ranger! <3

STR-5

DEX-5

STA-5

CON-3

WIS-5

CHA-5

Thanks guys!

I have no problem asking them out, but I'm just very unsuccessful when I do it! I've stopped even trying for the last few months and I'm much happier for it! I'm working on inner happiness before I join someone else on the same path. Happiness IS the journey, not the destination!!

Go BIG, or go home.

Excellent work! All those things must really add up, must be great to look back on them all and think of what you've achieved. That's quite a long list as well!

And with the women thing- it is a cliche but things tend to happen when you're not necessarily looking for it! If you're happy and lead an interesting, fulfilling life, then that in itself is attractive and will make someone want to be a part of it!

I forgot to include that I got laser eye surgery too, ditched the glasses!! It's great to know that when you want to make a big change, it's possible!

Ah yeah SuperUnison, that seems to be what a lot of people are saying, but part, a small part, of my plan to leave Ireland is a result of women here. They're not interested in a guy who has shit together and knows what he wants! Now, that's a very broad generalisation, but that has been my experience for the last 5 years that I've been single.

I think I was giving out the wrong vibes to be honest, so therefore I was attracting the wrong type of person. But it isn't even in my top 10 priorities anymore so I don't worry about it!

But, as always, I appreciate the positivity offered on this forum!

Go BIG, or go home.

Thanks guys!

I have no problem asking them out, but I'm just very unsuccessful when I do it! I've stopped even trying for the last few months and I'm much happier for it! I'm working on inner happiness before I join someone else on the same path. Happiness IS the journey, not the destination!!

Well said!

Lvl.2 Adventurer & Aspiring Warrior/Ranger! <3

STR-5

DEX-5

STA-5

CON-3

WIS-5

CHA-5

Thanks man!!

It's so encouraging seeing all of the goals everyone has set and even small ones like "Do a push up/pull-up", something I take for granted, and to see them achieving this and then do 10 of them, it's fantastic! It's literally seeing people going from strength to strength

Go BIG, or go home.

Archived