Forums are back in action! ×

I Can Never Think of a Good Title

Hello Nerdfitness! I found this site a few weeks ago through artofmanliness.com and after reading articles and trying things out I decided to join (finally).

So Introduction.

I'm Brandon, 23 years old weigh 238 pds and am about 5'8. A little over a year ago in the midst of what I am going to call a quarter life crisis I decided I needed some direction. After a bit of thought I decided that since the only thing I really enjoyed doing was cooking (at least that could be turned into a career) I wanted to join the National Guard as a cook and then use the extra income to head to culinary school.

Unfortunately I didn't quite make the cut. After doing some measurements (neck, waist, and weight) the computer told both me and my recruiter that at 287pds I had about 35% body fat, 10% more then what I could have to enlist. Rather then just giving up I decided to eat better and get into shape. Fast forward to now and I've lost 49pds and 5% body fat.

But I need to lose more weight and I figured why not get healthy along the way?

Level 5 Orc Citizen Soldier

STR 7.5|DEX 9.5|STA 11|CON 12|WIS 20.5|CHA 8.5

Old Challenges 15/4 3/6 7/25

"Do it now."

Welcome terrormortus! Congrats on your progress so far. Diet is a huge part of weight and health, so being a chef will give you a leg up -- and a chance to pass it on when you take up your cooking career! You've come to a great place for getting healthy --you'll fiind help for most any kind of healthy lifestyle change you're interested in, and everyone here is super-supportive. Keep up the awesome work!

Archived