Forums are back in action! ×

Goal weight achieved!

jjhatch

Back in January 2012 I decided to start losing weight and living healthier by exercising and eating better. I weighed 273 lbs.

I had my ups and downs throughout the journey. I discovered running in the fall and realized I freaking love it, and completed my first 5k in November. Then in January I got really sick and had to have open heart surgery (at 24) to repair a valve damaged by a bacterial infection. Right before I got sick I was so close to my goal weight at 201 lbs, but after my stay in the hospital I ballooned up to 240 lbs.

Well, I lost all of that weight I put on, and then some, and on Monday I weight 197.6 lbs, and my goal weight was 198. I'm really happy about this, especially with everything that's gone on in the past few months. I'm still getting used to being thinner (one of my doctors even called me skinny which was weird haha). I had actually reached my goal weight a few weeks after getting out of the hospital but bounced up a little bit.

I still have a lot to do, as I'm still in cardiac rehab recovering from my surgery, but I'm hoping to start running again in the next two months. The rehab is really helping, despite the fact that I'm limited to weight machines (only doing free weights for bicep curls).

It's also crazy because about 5-6 years ago I was at my highest weight of 295 lbs, so to think I've lost 100 lbs is mind-boggling.

I'll try and get some before/after pictures uploaded soon.

Archived