Forums are back in action! ×

Let's DO THIS.

Hey guys 'n' gals, glad to be joining you. I'm Lewy. 21. 190 lbs, 6'3". Ottawa, ON, Canada born and raised.

My story starts like many others'. I was a beanpole growing up. I was in organized sports (karate) and I had gym class all through elementary and high school. I was never a very fit person, but I was skinny and that tended to mask any lack of muscle or endurance. Well, come 10th grade, I was allowed to drop gym class. Since I never did well anyways, I dropped it in favour of classes where I could get easier grades.

Without that forced physical activity, I started on a downslide in terms of a growing gut and not enough exercise to keep it at bay. I swelled up a bit, but not too badly. Still well within my ideal weight.

Fast-forward a few years, and I'm in university. I'm starting to pack on the pounds, well beyond just the "freshman fifteen." Right about then, I gave myself the classic excuse: I just don't have any time to get in shape. I'll do it during the summer. Well, that didn't happen, obviously because I hadn't yet made it a priority for myself.

At the start of this year, I entered community college. I made it my mission to completely overhaul my life: exercise and a rigorous high-protein diet with no cheat days. For the first few months, it worked like a charm. I dropped to 170 lbs. from 210 lbs., felt like I was in the best shape of my life, and even noticed some muscle definition finally showing through.

Then, it all fell apart. I would give an excuse, but screw excuses. They don't get you anywhere. The truth is, I was lazy. A cheat day here turned into a cheat day there, which turned into a "skip the gym" day here and a "skip the gym" month there. Point being, I essentially quit living smart around mid-December.

I'm back, though. I want to kick some ass -- namely, my own, into shape. I'm not going to do the same thing as last time. It didn't work. Thankfully, some good habits from eating well the first time around stuck with me so it won't be as significant a mountain to climb to get back to eating healthy. I plan on working out three days a week, but going all out on those three days as opposed to half-assing five days a week like I did last time.

Looking forward to meeting you all and taking this journey together.

Wait, that sounded cheesy. Let me try that again.

There's nobody I'd rather be doing this with than you, Shepard NF.

Level 1 Half-Giant (Adventurer)

STR 1, DEX 2, STA 2, CON 4, WIS 3, CHA 3

Six-week challenge #1!

Good things come to those who wait go out and get them.

Heeeey!  I am at the other end of the same province! 

I had the same issue you did....skinny through childhood and most of teen years then when college hit BLAMO!!!!  I ate tons of pizza and didn't get off my ass very often...now at 26 I am finally taking things seriously and trying to get in some waaay better shape.  I don't want to go back to my "high school skinny" self because I wasn't athletic at all, I want to be able to run a few km without having to pass out at the end.  

Welcome!

. I am Elder . Woosah . Sunshine . Plants . Fur babies . New book smell . Cinnamon . Pepperoni Pizza .

Archived