Forums are back in action! ×

New deadlift PB!!

stickswinger

I curse the fact that I have to use google to find out how many pounds that is, but at the same time applaud your great personal success!  Woot!

TheBBP, level 1 Jedi Adventurer
STR 5|DEX 2|STA 1|CON 2|WIS 4|CHA 1

Hebrews 12:11-13
“No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it. Therefore, strengthen your feeble arms and weak knees.â€

I curse the fact that I have to use google to find out how many pounds that is, but at the same time applaud your great personal success!  Woot!

What he said.

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

Awesome stuff! Now I have a question. What is the average weight that most beginners start with a deadlift? I ask because I have yet to figure it out myself, simply play around with the weights until something feels right, but that's too time consuming and could probably have the possibility of messing me up :tongue:

This all depends on what your definition of a beginner is. You could be a beginner at dead lifting but be quite athletic. The average starting weight will also be different depending on your weight range. In Starting Strength by Mark Rippetoe, He states:

"55 pounds or lighter will be the starting weight for some people, 40 kilos (88 pounds) will work for most women and lighter bodyweight novices, and 135 pounds will work for athletes and more experienced trainees. There is never a reason for anyone other than a competitive lifter to start heavier than 135 pounds."

- Bloop Bloop -

Alright then! Maybe I will start around 100? The most I messed with was around 50 to 60, and that felt too light still. I didn't go higher at the time, due to the time limit of the gym closing, and still having other workouts that were a little more important to me at the time, since I had known hardly much about doing deadlifts to begin with. But, now that I have a general idea of what to start with, I will be focusing on that my next go to the gym! Thank you (:

You are very welcome! We will both be improving our dead lift in the near future. I'm sure of it

- Bloop Bloop -

Archived