Forums are back in action! ×

New to Nerd Fitness

Hi everyone!

I found out about nerd fitness trying to find some body weight workouts on google and really like the whole idea of approaching life as a video game. so i read some articles in the site and visited the forums a few times and decided to join.

I got really into fitness about 3-4 months ago when I was kind of in good shape but had a bit of a beer belly so i started hitting the gym 3 times a week and go out for a run 2-3 times a week and managed to lose about 7 kgs(around 15 lbs?) since then. I really like running and a few weeks ago did my first 10K race and even managed to finish in less than 50 mins!

I now started to train for a half marathon race which takes place in early May. I want to join the 6 weeks challenge thing but not sure if I should for the next one or join in for the current one which ends in 2 weeks, what do you think?

level 1 Wood elf scout

STR 2|DEX 3|STA 4|CON 2|WIS 3|CHA 1

"Sweat is fat crying"

first Challenge  |  endomondo

I think you should keep doing what you're doing because it's obviously working (yaaay for the weight loss). Join the next one so you have a chance at winning.

Welcome and good luck. :)

Level 3 - Half-Elf Warrior, STR - 5 | DEX - 1 | STA - 6 | CON - 5.5 | WIS - 3.5 | CHA - 5

I know where I'm going, and I know the truth, and I don't have to be what you want me to be. I'm free to be what I want. ~  Ali

Previous Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

since the current challenge is over half done - you might wait until the next one - but that doesn't mean you can't set a 2-3 week personal goal and see if you can meet it before the next challenge starts.

half-marathon - that is awesome!!! best of luck.  sounds like you already have a good direction and a fitness plan.  i'm assuming you will join the scouts  guild - but if you are leaning towards flexibility and tranquility - you are always welcome w/the druids!

Introspective Bookworm (Lvl 6)STR 8.5 | DEX 10 | STA 11 | CON 13 | WIS 15 | CHA 11Look, I... I may not be an explorer, or an adventurer, or a treasure-seeker, or a gunfighter, Mr. O'Connell, but I am proud of what I am. I... am a librarian. (Rachel Weiss, The Mummy)Intro/Current Challenge | Fitocracy | MFP 

Archived