Forums are back in action! ×

Getting Stuck In

Cheers everyone.

So I've been poking around the site for a while now. Reading articles and shallowly diving into the forums, but I'm finally ready to jump right in. A little bit of background on me. I've been struggling off and on with fitness most of my life. At my worst back in early high school I weighed a total of 220lbs. At this point I was dangerously close to developing diabetes and started seeing an a doctor. After some time on meds and really dedicating myself to sorting out a better diet. I began losing weight and settled around 200 for a while, no longer a diabetes risk. For a while it stuck there until about two years ago I got really serious and started exercising about every day and dropped down to 160lbs. After a while of maintaining there and not really noticing a difference in my body image (on top of graduating and settling into my first real world job) I started getting pretty lax with my eating and exercise habits and have jumped back up to 180lbs. I've finally decided to really make this a priority again and I've begun the Paleo Diet on top of the Strength Training (Barbell Battalion) to really try and drop the weight and work towards the body image I'd like to see. So far, doing pretty decent, I've lost about 4lbs in a week and I'm hoping to continue this trend. 

I've been a gamer ever since I could work a computer (starting off playing Commander Keen before my double digits) and since then I've branched into any type of gaming. Video, Board, Card, or Tabletop. Over the past two years, some friends and I have heavily gotten into Warhammer 40k and finally took the dive and jumped into the Tabletop after playing DoWII for a while. I'm just about done with my first 500pt army of Space Wolves. To say I'm rather obsessed with it would be an understatement. 

My overall goal is to maintain a health lifestyle that I continue on into my later life and really try and have a flat stomach (and hopefully viewable abs) at least once in my life. 

Nothing left to do not but get at it.

For Russ, For the All Father! *Feral Howl*

- Level 1 Warrior - Blood Claw of the Space Wolves

STR 3 | DEX 2 | STA 3 | CON 2 | WIS 3 | CHA 2

"Don't die for anything less than the best of life" - Thomas Kalnoky

Fitocracy | Battlelog | Current Challenge

Archived