Forums are back in action! ×

lower back problem.

seed

I don't understand what you are asking.

Sorry ill make myself clear.

While leg raises while on my back i get a pinch on my lower back area and causes me only raise my leg to 80%

Ive been told i have weak hip muscles. Do i need to stretch them out and do some kinda exercise so that it doesn't hurt anymore during leg raises and other ab work outs?

Paleo. Strength training. SL 5x5.

Serious Gamer. Poker Addict. Beer Lover.

battle log

Seed's Mirin' Brah 6 week Challenge.

+1 just don't pull that stretch with your arms. I wrecked my back in the past doing that.

If laying leg lifts hurt your lower back then you may not have the strength to hold good form. Those can put a lot of strain on your lower back. Hanging leg lifts will be better for you. Also you should add in some static holds. The plank is a common one but if those hurt your lower back then do some hanging L holds (holding the top position of a hanging leg raise) or hollow body hold. (google gymnastics hollow body hold)

If those get too easy there's harder variations, come back and ask

To find piece with myself
I must first find a piece of myself

The forward bend stretch does help. I'm also gentle to my lower back, though. What I do for it is stick my butt up against a wall and put my legs up. Be sure to keep your core engaged and your spine neutral and it gets you a good hip stretch without stressing your spine. When you're ready, a hip stretch from there is easy. Put one foot just above a knee like you're sitting cross legged and bend the straight knee towards your head on the ground. 

My room mate has insanely weak lower back and hips due to a car accident. She started doing ballet to help. Try looking into some ballet barre exercises. Or a class if you can afford or get to one. It strengthens your core and hips and is very safe if the instructor is good. 

Level 4 Human Ranger

Str: 8 Dex: 2  Con: 4.5  Int: 9.5 Wis: 8.5 Cha:  2  Sta: 5

Archived