Forums are back in action! ×

What is this pain I just felt?

Sy_B

Hi, I was just standing there, when all of a sudden, I got this sharp pain in my left buttock/side lower hip that shot up through my back to my right shoulder and then was gone. It all happened and vanished in a second, but it felt like I was sort of paralyzed for a split second. I don't know what this could be, I consider myself young and healthy. I did do some sorta heavy lifting/walking yesterday, just the usual grocery run. But if it was a problem due to that, wouldn't it have happened then? I suspect something is wrong with my back, or nerves, but its something that has to be triggered to have any kind of impact, and is completely fine otherwise...what do you guys think?

Sounds like your body is just correcting itself. It happens a lot. The only thing I would recommend is to ensure your stretches are whole body. The nerve was probably just caught up somewhere and couldn't ride smooth on its track. Mayo facial releases and regular stretching are great for nerves. If that is working, then I would relax. If it comes back, focus on where it came from and try to get any swelling or tightness settled in the area.

The Way

Better Now than Back Then

Better Now than Later On

Archived