Forums are back in action! ×

Hey everyone. I'm  Melissa and I am 26 years old. Ever since I found Nerd Fitness I have been obsessed. This website basically is all of my fitness beliefs all in one area. And it feels pretty welcoming compared to most fitness websites.

I am what people affectionately call "skinny fat" where I seem to gain no weight from eating an entire pan of brownies in less then 2 days and I stay thin...yet I have no muscle tone. Shocking right? Hardly. Though I am proud to say that after changing my diet I have seen drastic changes in my arms. I just need to start seeing that change in other areas. Either way that eating whole pans of whatever shit needs to stop. So overall my ultimate fitness goal is to change my diet and lifestyle. For example instead of watching tv with my kids because I'm bored we go outside and play tag. And I do want to incorporate more workouts.

I have very supportive people in my life. I have my husband who is with me on the same level, one of my best friends is a trainer, another best friend of mine is just a health nut and in great shape. Then there are my mother and sister in law who are just passionate about keeping processed foods out of their system. They are all excited and very helpful. BUT I want to add more people to it because for the exception of my husband every one else I don't really see on a weekly basis considering they are kind of far away. So now I have this place but I would really like to find some fitness groups in the CT area. Google is usually my friend but not this time! So if you have any tips in finding some groups it would be cool if I can get some help.

This place seems fun so I am excited!

welcome aboard!  have you found a guild yet?  that is a great way to find folks with similar fitness routines and goals.  

i am not exactly skinny fat more like average fat - but i totally understand where you are coming from.  we suffer from that first world/suburban problem where we know we are out of shape but no one wants to hear you talk about diet and exercise b/c you look like you are healthy.  my co-workers are obese.  they don't want to hear about my fitness routines :(  and no one gets excited with me when i make an awesome new meal that is awesome, healthy and covered in bacon.  

welcome to NF - you can safely brag about whatever diet or exercise feat you achieve.  and we will all be excited with you.  i promise.

Introspective Bookworm (Lvl 6)STR 8.5 | DEX 10 | STA 11 | CON 13 | WIS 15 | CHA 11Look, I... I may not be an explorer, or an adventurer, or a treasure-seeker, or a gunfighter, Mr. O'Connell, but I am proud of what I am. I... am a librarian. (Rachel Weiss, The Mummy)Intro/Current Challenge | Fitocracy | MFP 

welcome aboard!  have you found a guild yet?  that is a great way to find folks with similar fitness routines and goals.  

i am not exactly skinny fat more like average fat - but i totally understand where you are coming from.  we suffer from that first world/suburban problem where we know we are out of shape but no one wants to hear you talk about diet and exercise b/c you look like you are healthy.  my co-workers are obese.  they don't want to hear about my fitness routines :(  and no one gets excited with me when i make an awesome new meal that is awesome, healthy and covered in bacon.  

welcome to NF - you can safely brag about whatever diet or exercise feat you achieve.  and we will all be excited with you.  i promise.

YES! I hate it. I have had women say to me...your a twig no need for you to complain, workout or eat better.

And the guild..I am not quite sure what that is. Does that mean Adventurer, Assassin, etc/ if so I am in the adventurer group 

YES! I hate it. I have had women say to me...your a twig no need for you to complain, workout or eat better.

And the guild..I am not quite sure what that is. Does that mean Adventurer, Assassin, etc/ if so I am in the adventurer group 

That is correct!

I am a fellow Adventurer as well, at least till I find another Guild that works better for my fitness goals. Granted I need to actually define those a bit...

Level 5 Orc Citizen Soldier

STR 7.5|DEX 9.5|STA 11|CON 12|WIS 20.5|CHA 8.5

Old Challenges 15/4 3/6 7/25

"Do it now."

That is correct!

I am a fellow Adventurer as well, at least till I find another Guild that works better for my fitness goals. Granted I need to actually define those a bit...

Ohh ok so I am slowly getting this down! Lol yea my goal is to switch to assassin. Some day. Will take a very long time but that is the ultimate goal now. They just sound so bad ass and I picture Jackie Chan with all of those crazy wall maneuvers and jumps he did. 

i spent some time in the Adventurers Guild myself.  It is a great starting point! 

Ohh ok so I am slowly getting this down! Lol yea my goal is to switch to assassin. Some day. Will take a very long time but that is the ultimate goal now. They just sound so bad ass and I picture Jackie Chan with all of those crazy wall maneuvers and jumps he did. 

YES

I want to be ninja stealthy too.  but seeing as how i never even learned to do a cartwheel - i'm working on the absolute basics.  maybe i'll be ninja when i'm 60???

Introspective Bookworm (Lvl 6)STR 8.5 | DEX 10 | STA 11 | CON 13 | WIS 15 | CHA 11Look, I... I may not be an explorer, or an adventurer, or a treasure-seeker, or a gunfighter, Mr. O'Connell, but I am proud of what I am. I... am a librarian. (Rachel Weiss, The Mummy)Intro/Current Challenge | Fitocracy | MFP 

Mine is to be a Ranger personally. I have to admit though the idea of a Dwarven Ranger makes me laugh a little bit, especially after reading Order of the Stick.

i spent some time in the Adventurers Guild myself.  It is a great starting point! 

YES

I want to be ninja stealthy too.  but seeing as how i never even learned to do a cartwheel - i'm working on the absolute basics.  maybe i'll be ninja when i'm 60???

That would be awesome to be a 60 year old ninja. All nice and dotting one minute then *BAM* shurikan. lol

Level 5 Orc Citizen Soldier

STR 7.5|DEX 9.5|STA 11|CON 12|WIS 20.5|CHA 8.5

Old Challenges 15/4 3/6 7/25

"Do it now."

Archived