Forums are back in action! ×

Howdy Y'all! From a rebel in Texas

Hey! My name is Matt, and I am a freshman at Texas A&M University. Whoop! 

I love this site! I found it through Gold Medal Bodies, another great fitness site, and I've been reading this stuff pretty much constantly for the past 3 days haha. 

Right now I'm 5'8", 150Ibs with about 8% body fat. So a slim, muscular guy, as I've always been. I have dabbled in bodyweight, machine, free weight, crossfit, and strength styles of training since I was 14. I love working out, I love the human body and how it works, and I'm just a big fitness nerd. 

My goals lie somewhere in between the Warrior and Assassin professions. Like a bigger, more muscular Spiderman, but I don't have a good name for it, yet (open to suggestions!). I want to be big, ripped, to put fitness models and actors to shame, but have control over my body so that I have the freedom to do whatever I want with it. I pretty much want to be a superhero haha. To achieve this status I have to pursue each of those two professions separately. I realize that those are two very different goals and will require time and dedication in their respective disciplines, so my only problem now is picking which to do first! I will most likely concentrate on gaining more muscle. 

In general I'm a fun-loving guy, a nerd about fitness, humans, motivation, psychology, Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, superhumans, adrenaline-inducing activities, and I'm all kinds of excited to be here!

elecz- Thank you!

AnnleaArtsy- Thank you! Lol I gotcha. What motivated you to care now? I like that you have your goals in your signature there! 

Autumn08- Whoop!! What brought you from Texas to Colorado? 

Having kids and wanting them to have a good role model for health. If your preaching one thing but doing another it hardly makes an impact. Feeling the need to go out and skydive or go skateboarding. Which is a weird connection but some how my mind connected fit and healthy to diving out of an air plane...no idea.

And watching the documentaries on Netflix like food for change or fat, sick and nearly dead. Those are very eye opening.

Having kids and wanting them to have a good role model for health. If your preaching one thing but doing another it hardly makes an impact. Feeling the need to go out and skydive or go skateboarding. Which is a weird connection but some how my mind connected fit and healthy to diving out of an air plane...no idea.

And watching the documentaries on Netflix like food for change or fat, sick and nearly dead. Those are very eye opening.

That's awesome, being a role model for your kids. Haha interesting jump there (no pun intended), but skydiving is amazing! You should definitely go.

elecz- Thank you!

AnnleaArtsy- Thank you! Lol I gotcha. What motivated you to care now? I like that you have your goals in your signature there! 

Autumn08- Whoop!! What brought you from Texas to Colorado? 

My husband has always wanted to live here so when he got the chance thru work, he jumped on it...and I of course followed LOL! I miss Texas daily though

~Be in Love with your Live

~Live your Dash. Live Inspired

You must decide the person you are. I am not a failure, I do not give up!

Archived