Forums are back in action! ×

New Found Motivation & Change

Bloop

Hey Guys!

I have been following this site for about 2 months now, and today's accomplished was so significant that I had to post something. For a little over 2 months now, I have been following the blog and eating 98% Paleo(I do use protein shakes and take vitamins). I started going to the gym, and as the weeks went by, I continued to alter my workout routine. I started with the machines and moved the majority of my workout to free weights. I would read Steve talk about keeping it simple, but I wasn't fully adapting it. My gym only had smith machines(DEVIL!), and I knew I shouldn't use them. I found myself snickering inside when I watched what some people would do on them. I knew I needed to do dead lifts and squats, but I couldn't. I decided to make a drastic change after reading http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2013/03/18/strength-training-101-finding-the-right-gym'>Starting Strength 101: Finding the right gym. I started researching other facilities and over the weekend changed gyms. Today was my first workout at my new gym. I even got up at 7am before work! My workout was simple:

Incline Press
Dead Lift
Shoulder Press
Squat

I did my first dead lift, and it was AMAZING! I spent a few days reading Starting Strength to make sure I would know what I was doing. The dead lift might seem like a boring move, but it makes you feel so strong! I finished the day dead lifting 150lbs 5 times. I honestly didn't think I could do this much already, and I know it will keep going up(Thanks Staci). People were looking at my weird, and I loved every moment of it. I can't wait to get back into the gym again!

Mr. Bloop

- Bloop Bloop -

That's awesome man! Sounds like you're off to big and better things. Be sure to make friends with some of the experienced people in your new gym so that you have individuals who can guide you with improving form and learning how to shake things up. 

That's awesome man! Sounds like you're off to big and better things. Be sure to make friends with some of the experienced people in your new gym so that you have individuals who can guide you with improving form and learning how to shake things up. 

Thanks! I'm still getting adjusted to the new atmosphere, but so far I love it!

- Bloop Bloop -

Archived