Forums are back in action! ×

Hello hello

Hello everyone, I'm completely new. I found the site because my fiance and I are looking at going paleo and although I got some books and I'm excited about it, I wanted to find some information that hopefully made it seem less painful for him. Here it was. Not only that but this really seemed like a great place to find some support with going that lifestyle. It's not like you find a lot of people that want to jump on board with you and we also don't have a lot of people in the area who already are. The biggest comments we've gotten so far has been, "do weight watchers instead, you can eat real food". I've already lost my weight that I need to, now I want to be healthy. My fiance wants to loose his weight and he's in EMS and can only eat in a really stupid fashion anyways. I've read up and I think this way makes sense, now we just need to be able to do it. 

"Do something today to remind yourself that you are limitless"

Real food??  Have they ever heard of Paleo before?  Haha that's what it's all about!  

Welcome aboard and I know you guys will have a blast and find all the support you are looking for!

. I am Elder . Woosah . Sunshine . Plants . Fur babies . New book smell . Cinnamon . Pepperoni Pizza .

Lol, that's exactly what I said. I'd much rather be able to not have to worry about how much I'm eating of some select food groups then have to make sure I'm weighing and measuring. That's why I couldn't do weight watchers the one time I tried. When I did loose weight it was because I followed portion size and cut out bread and and cereal mostly. I also increased my exercise and activity. 

Thanks so much. I don't know how much he'll be here but I figure if I can get the support, he'll eat what I provide so it will domino.  :nevreness:

"Do something today to remind yourself that you are limitless"

Welcome to both of you!

You should have some of those people read the labels on some of their "real food", the ingredients alone might make them question their choice of words.  As for your husband, cold chicken strips and chopped vegetables are easy to stash in the vehicle and snack on in between calls.  If he's really in a pinch, places like subway have salad choices that aren't paleo in the strictest sense, but it's better than the usual fast food.

None but a coward dares to boast that he has never known fear.   

-Ferdinand Foch

Archived