Forums are back in action! ×

Level 1 Dwarf Druid

Guest welpimout

Guest welpimout

Clearly, I am new here at NF, but I am not new to fitness and trying to change my life. 

I've been on a weight loss journey for as long as I can remember, I've been overweight since I was a child. I've bounced diets, binge-exercised, starved myself and eventually landed myself in an eating disorder rehab facility. I was 270lbs (at 5'2") and 21 years old. I spent a year in recovery, learning how to be ok with myself and deal with life without turning to food -- either to restrict or to binge. 

Since that time, my only active focus for weight loss has been to make the best choice I can every time. I no longer eat processed food (read, I cook everything myself), I walk every where I go, I try to avoid sugars and carbs (not good at this yet!) and I've gone vegan. I have lost 75lbs just doing this!

But I'm here because I'm ready to "level up" my fitness journey. I actually found NF when google reader annouced it's shut down -- I was looking into new RSS readers and searched "health" on pulse... and here I am! I have read a backlog of Steve's posts and I found that every one of them spoke to me. But, as an avid RPG'er (I had to shut down my WoW account to focus on school tho... >:[ ), the two posts that spoke to me the most were the Epic Life quest and the real life RPG posts. For some reason, thinking of my life in terms of an RPG makes me feel so much more able to get a handle on ALL of the goals I have, and I've already started making a Quest Log/Goal list. I'm really excited to apply this mindset to the rest of my life!

So, my immediate goals include: cutting down on carbs (<100g/day) and FINALLY cracking the 100lb lost mark. If you'd like to follow my journey, I've included all kinds of links to stuff in my signature.

And, oh yeah, my nerd cred: I love: WoW, Harry Potter (my biggest geekism -- I went to Chicago for LeakyCon last year), LOTR, FFXII, SarTrek, GoT (avid watcher of the show, working my way slowly through the books for lack of time), homesteading, environmentalism, minimalism, I'm writing a vampire novel (I know, I know... it's nothing like that one series), and I'm a HUGE nerd for nutrition (this will be my undergrad, when I graduate!).

I look forward to spending time with you!

Archived