Forums are back in action! ×

Hello everyone *waves enthusiastically*

Hey there everyone, thought I'd finally bite the bullet and say hello *waves*

I'm 31, UK based and lost a whole bunch of weight-over 20kg-while going through a substantial life overhaul last year using a vlcd, taking up running and being more aware of my body (and listening to it instead of just shovelling all the tasty foods into it all the time!) I also have a few chronic creaky-joint issues and have regular physiotherapy. So for me, getting fit, getting lean, eating cleaner and feeling good will help me stay active for longer.

Since last year I've put a few of those kilos back on due to less activity and eating more crap, which is why I'm here! I want to shift those in combination with getting fitter, stronger and generally feeling a bit more uber about myself in the process.

I run (albeit shambolically if I'm honest), I have a PT-deisgned free-weights circuit for the gym and I snowboard. Also I have signed up with a couple of friends to run 3 different 10K races in May, June and July. I haven't been training for a while as I've had a crappy chest infection that refuses to go (a-boooo) and I am CHOMPING at the bit to get out on a run, and to get back into the gym to get on with my weights. I'm fed up of feeling weak as a kitten and having a chaotic life!

Anyway, I have a plan for April, to see if I can build these things into a habit and level up my life!

1. To run 3x week, no matter the distance, just get OUT
  2. To complete the PT circuits workout twice a week
  3. To eat 60-80% paleo - starting paleo from scratch, so easing into it
  4. Go to bed before 11pm every workday 

So um, yeah. That's me. I'm trying to be realistic and start making small life changes, and I hope that this is a good place, for tips, encouragement and the occasional kick up the ass!

Never give up, never surrender, right?!

Level 3 UK-based Siren Adventurer

STR- 5 | DEX-5 | STA-3.5 | CON-5 | WIS-7 | CHA-5.5

"what's done cannot be undone"

-----

#1 challenge "Can a man still be brave if he's afraid?" "That is the only time a man can be brave."                                         

#2 challenge "though she be but little, she is fierce"

Welcome! Those are great goals and you shouldn't have any trouble keeping them with all the support found around here.

Ras'taban

Level 3 Half-Orc Ranger

STR 9 | DEX 2 | STA 5 | CON 4 | WIS 7 | CHA 2

All that is gold does not glitter,

Not all those who wander are lost;

The old that is strong does not wither,

Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

j.r.r. tolkien

Welcome! Those are great goals and you shouldn't have any trouble keeping them with all the support found around here.

Thanks! I have the habit of jumping in the deep end with stuff then giving up, so THIS time, I'm doing it the right way! :)

-----

#1 challenge "Can a man still be brave if he's afraid?" "That is the only time a man can be brave."                                         

Oh no who let you on here? hehehehehe

Hello *waves back* 

You finally got around to your introduction and rolled a character, nice work.

Have a look at the paleo resources admittedly I haven't had a look at the running stuff as it is not my bag, but if it is anywhere near as good as the weights and lifting advice then it will be good stuff. 

Right I have to get back to my partially blended smoothie and lack of weights gloves ruining my hands . 

Lets compare goals on the 20th. and how about I cook us a paleo meal? 

Bye Bye *waves and trips over boots that he found* 

Level 3 Half Orc Warrior 

Just another 15kg each side it will be fine

STR: 11 | DEX: 3 | CON: 5| STA: 9 | WIS: 7 | CHA: 4

Thanks for the recipe Synyster, always a good idea to have a hot toddy for medicinal purposes ;) I'll look into the battle logs (need to have a think and make a plan first!) I'm quite meticulous about recording things as I'm a scientist so it's trained into me, so I hope that would aid me somewhat!

And as for you mrrichpearson, I'll be picking your brains plenty (that's paleo, right?) and I accept your meal invitation. I'll bring the wine. (I refuse to go without wine, that's a dealbreaker for me).

-----

Welcome! Those sound like great goals!  Best of luck meeting them!  Especially good luck with the paleo.  I like the idea, but just can't commit to no grains and no sugar! I don't have time to do all my own food prep at this time, so we've been working on just de-processing what we eat.  Making good process!

Enjoy your 'hot toddy' and feel better!

“Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.â€- Mahatma Gandhi

Right, we are on for the 20th, just don't be drinking the wine through Twizzlers this time, they are not paleo! 

The easy thing i have found about paleo so far it not to go 100% straight away and allow yourself time to prep I am doing 4 days a week paleo at the moment, and the rest of the time is mostly paleo but being able to maintain it is work dependent. 

We will see how we are doing on the 20th, the next 6 week challenge starts first week in April so we will be a couple of weeks in.  

Level 3 Half Orc Warrior 

Just another 15kg each side it will be fine

STR: 11 | DEX: 3 | CON: 5| STA: 9 | WIS: 7 | CHA: 4

Thanks Sandylion! I'm not aiming for total paleo, just cutting out the bulk of my carbs and sugar in my drinks (and mindlessly eating chocolate!)

Goals have to be achievable or they just dont work!

And yuuup MrP. We can be accountable to each other. Though the Twizzler/wine combo was GENIUS. Don't knock it!

-----

Great to have you here, good goals too. I think your right in' making new habits' as a place to start. I actually just read a book on habits called 'The power of habits' which was quite good, a bit tedious but good. Also I quite like your writing style :)

Best of luck. 

My Blog

My Book Reviews

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect." - Mark Twain

Archived