Forums are back in action! ×

I ran 10.49km!

Today I finally decided to go past 10km and it went really well! I only had to stop for traffic lights three times (5-10s each). The best part is that it's my muscles and not my lungs that are limiting at the moment, I never felt I was out of air (not even close). I need to strength train my legs more, they're still pretty thin, so they can withstand more pressure. My feet and knees were aching towards the end, asphalt and rock isn't that nice to run on for a longer distance even with great shoes.

http://www.endomondo.com/workouts/iDO5o1TxGOc

Overall I'm really happy! Next target is 20km. :)

Edit*

Roughly, 10.5km = 6.5miles, 20km = 12.4miles

Thanks Alethea and Plex!

Plex >> I remember when the first mile felt like a suicide mission. Could barely breath when I was done and I ran at the speed of a turtle. You improve very fast when you start running, I recommend starting at maybe quarter or half a mile, use it as a warmup session for your exercise, then go for a longer distance next time you're ready. It's better to take some distance than nothing at all, it's amazing how fast your max distance decreases when you haven't run for a while. ;)

On a similar note, I'm a little bit pissed now! I'm sharing an apartment with a friend and every time I go for a longer run, he tries to do the same next time he's out. He's usually slower but tries a similar distance... Today, he ran further than my best at 12km (+2km), still at a slower pace luckily. Next time, maybe Thursday/Friday, I'm going for 15km. He's not beating my distance without a fight! :P

On a similar note, I'm a little bit pissed now! I'm sharing an apartment with a friend and every time I go for a longer run, he tries to do the same next time he's out. He's usually slower but tries a similar distance... Today, he ran further than my best at 12km (+2km), still at a slower pace luckily. Next time, maybe Thursday/Friday, I'm going for 15km. He's not beating my distance without a fight! :P

At least you have a great motivator. Can't let someone beat your PRs!