Forums are back in action! ×

Allow me to (RE) Introduce myself :)

Running is cheaper than any therapy.
At least that's how it is in my case.

My name is legit. Kelly Elizabeth. I love my name, why come up with a different one?  I'm 5'4, inheirted what I like to call the 1940s or 1950s shape. I love my body. I love myself a good 95% of the time. Then I have the other 5%, that's the dark and twisty side. She's no fun. She's full of bad juju. She's emo, and she's kind of sulky, in high school she was that girl who wore a lot of black and read a lot of Sylvia Plath. I don't like her. I keep her maintained by my running.  :smug: I love to run. I love to challenge myself.

I actually joined this site a few months ago at the encouraging of my best friend who has more will power and motivation than any person I have ever met. I give her a hard time but honestly she's fantastic and should be proud at all she has accomplished. I joined this site then my laptop exploded, and it was way too hard to update on my iphone and I got in a real big downer slump with school drama and stuff. Then I got a new lap top and after a month of having it the screen went kaput! Finally all is well and I have a working computer so I'm able to update and be more active online. There have been quite a few changes in my life since September, I started a new job about two months ago and I've gotten back into a routine where working out is easier to schedule and do. I'm not so bombarded with weird hours and long days. Woot. 

I don't need to be thinner, nor do I need to fit into a wedding dress anytime soon, however that may change in a few months, rather I need to be healthier. Not being healthy physically lead to not being healthy emotionally, and in other ways as well. If I can work at being healthy physically, then I believe the rest will come with time. 

I hope to use this as a way to challenge myself and not to allow myself to slide back.

My long term goals are still the same. I do one day want to run the DisneyWorld Marathon. My short term goals have changed: I want to be able to run five miles every day. Right now I'm lucky to get about two. So I'm working on getting to my goal.  :nevreness:

Happy. Dreamer. Runner. Teacher. Fighter. Girl.

My journey for the juju.

KellyElizabeth's First Challenge Thread

Welcome back!!

Oh my, I hope you've put the Plath away, she is the single most depressing writer I have ever had the displeasure of reading, and we had to study her in school. Great idea right? Get a load of hormonal teens who struggle to find their place in the world to read Sylvia Plath.

I hope you kick all kinds of ass!

Go BIG, or go home.

Hey Kelly, thanks for what you wrote, I related a lot to your post :)

I too have a sad girl inside, who reads T.S. Eliot and fears she's not destined to achieve anything. Like you I use fitness to keep her at bay. Mostly with weights, but I'm also doing a couch to 5k program (getting there slowly, currently at 6k on a treadmill and 1k outdoors). 

I really love your comments about being body positive and your goals is to be healthier rather than thinner. You sound awesome! I wish you the best of luck!

Huntress

Current challenge - Rebels - Huntress lays the foundations

"The effort yields its own rewards"  - Data, Star Trek: TNG.

I did in fact toss the Sylvia Plath aside. Oh the Bell Jar... we had some good times alone in the dark feeling like you were the only one who understood me..... alright I'm back. But I'm very positive about myself now and days.

Great job Huntress on getting to the couch to 5k. :)

Right now my goal is to run/exercise in some fashion 4 days a week until the end of April, then I plan on stepping it up to running so many miles etc etc... baby steps for success are still success. 

Happy. Dreamer. Runner. Teacher. Fighter. Girl.

My journey for the juju.

KellyElizabeth's First Challenge Thread

Archived