Forums are back in action! ×

Horse Girl needing help

HI Everyone,

I am a very busy person like most of you that needs to learn to make and take time for myself.  I don't always see that as important and by doing that

my workouts tend to slack and my life gets in a huge mess!!!!!  Getting my husband on board would be really nice but at this point i have to start worring about me and getting me on track.   My diet has really cleaned up .. only fruits, veggies, and lean good proteins.  I don't eat any processed junk anymore or diet coke.   I am a wine lover thought and find that just one glass isn't enough. 

I am looking for buddies that keep me accountable and help me make changes in my life.  I am ready to make those changes at my age I need to.  I just need directions that I am missing... people to talk to about things and help me make this more fun !!!

Thanks.. looking forward to meeting so many people

Josey

I'm a horse nut too!  Welcome to the group.  I know you will find a lot of info and support for getting your workouts under control, as well as, keeping your life in general healthy and happy.  

I have a horse that I've had for a few years now and I just got a small pony that I am going to train and sell.  I get pretty busy with life and work and horses and other things and sometimes it is difficult to get a real good workout in.  In order to get some workouts in on my "horse days" I will set up my barrels, jumps, or other obstacles and go through them on foot first for my workout.  Then I will grab my horse and work through them with him.  I always try to do whatever routine I am going to do with my horse on foot first that way I can get my cardio in from running a barrel pattern or jumping all my obstacles first.  It's quite fun!

How many horses do you have and what do you do with them? Western/English/Bareback?  

. I am Elder . Woosah . Sunshine . Plants . Fur babies . New book smell . Cinnamon . Pepperoni Pizza .

Hey Josey!  I'm new on to the NF forums too.  I'm in transition from diabetic diet to clean-eating & paleo.  What kind of goals do you have?  What type of exercise do you enjoy?  I find all of this forum stuff a bit intimidating, but everyone has been really nice & helpful so far.  I started my Battle Log & joined the Scouts yesterday.  Good Luck!

Scout

Battle Log - Accountability-Tracking-Training Worksheets

1st Challenge - 2nd Challenge - 3rd Challenge

"He must become greater; I must become less.†John 3:30

For me weighing my priorities helps a lot. Going to bed early so I can wake up early enough to get in a workout before my kids wake up. Or cutting back time on cleaning or even working out WHILE I am cleaning. But I am also a stay at home mom so I am not sure how helpful this will be to you. Overall the most important thing is time with my kids...so recently I have been trying out skateboarding. Kind of...I have only done it twice and it was with a board that wasn't right for me. Basically anything that they love that is active I will try. 

If there is anything in your day that doesn't count as important then you could always trade that for a workout

Archived