Forums are back in action! ×

Greetings from Nebraska!

So, I have been lurking on the forums this afternoon and I have finally got up the courage to post on the boards! So here goes nothing....

My main reason for wanting to be healthy (or at the very least healthier) is that I want to live longer. I want to be the guy that looks good when he is 50. I don't want that beer gut hanging over my pants like I see around here so often. Last year I had a couple of spells that I thought were due to low blood sugar, but after going to the doctor, turns out everything is OK. But I was not happy with the weight gain from the holidays. 

So I started the Couch 2 5K (C25K) program, which I just completed on Sunday, and signed up for Sparkpeople. I want to make a lasting healthy change. I have lost 12 pounds since the second week of January, I can run for 30 mins at a time no problem, and I can fit into smaller pants. 

Why am I here? I want to keep going! I am going to start doing the beginner's body weight routine on my non-running days. I am signed up for a 5k in April, but I am worried that I will lose focus/motivation without a goal after that. 

So I am looking for support and some people to hold me accountable. I have done pretty well so far, but I think I will need support in the long run. 

I am drawn to NF because of the "what works for you" attitude. I cannot subscribe to the "this is the only thing that works" mentality. I like to run. I like to eat. I have changed what I eat, but I have not really cut anything out, but I have cut back. Chips were my downfall. I have replaced those with veggies!

Anyway, before the wall o'text gets too big, I just wanted to say 'Hi' and I am onboard. 

The picking my character looks really great, but it is a bit overwhelming at the moment. I look into when I have some more patience. 

Looking forward to meeting you all. :) 

Archived