Forums are back in action! ×

New NF Member from Colorado

Hi,

I've been reading the blog for a month or so but have just joined and got the fitness guide.

I'm a web developer, desk job, but (when in great shape) I'm definitely a Ranger type, athletic build and a little of everything workout-wise.

I lost 50 lbs about 8 years ago and started working on re-losing 28 of it a couple of months ago, rather half-heartedly. But now I've made good progress at making running a habit again and am down 20 lbs to go. I need some help with strength training, I'm doing the Angry Birds workout along with short runs now but want to do more (without getting injured).

I've done a couple of half-marathons years ago and have signed up for a 10K in May. That's my next big goal running-wise. I'm also playing racquetball weekly again which is awesome cross-training, and tracking my food with My Fitness Pal. I'm looking forward to joining the next Challenge too.

Happy to be here, looking for connections for mutual support/encouragement. Are there groups I should join?

Level 4 Human Scout

STR 7 |  DEX 4 | STA 9 | CON 8 | WIS 7 | CHA 3

Training for my first marathon. Player of WoW, occasionally, but right now, player of Skyrim. Professional web designer/developer.

Current ChallengeBattle Log | MyFitnessPal

Hello!  I'm new here too.  You might consider the Scouts b/c of your interest in running.  I joined that forum yesterday.  I am also adding strength training into my routine for the first time in years. I started with the beginner body weight workout and am now using the NF Fitness Guide Level 2 Recruit workouts.  Hope to see you over in the Scouts!  I am working on my goals for the next challenge.

Scout

Battle Log - Accountability-Tracking-Training Worksheets

1st Challenge - 2nd Challenge - 3rd Challenge

"He must become greater; I must become less.†John 3:30

Archived