Forums are back in action! ×

This is more of a re-introduction. I'm Cait, and I was on NF for a while last year and then fell off the wagon big time. But I'm ready to get back on. Here's a short version of what happened:

I was never a big fan of working out until last February, when I started walking, then running, then doing some very basic strength stuff. I lost a bunch of weight but didn't really gain any muscle. THEN found Nerd Fitness last summer, and I got crazy enthusiastic and wanted to do everything at the same time and be super awesome and strong and log everything and post about everything aaaaaaand then I ran out of steam (you know how it goes). I also had a problem with my drivers license and couldn't make it to the gym or the trail anymore (my neighborhood isn't walkable). I totally realize that there's other stuff I could have been doing, but I was just so demotivated and lost my momentum. BUT! I'm back. And hopefully with a more realistic and sustainable attitude. And hopefully to stay. 

The awesome news is that I kept off the 23  pounds I've lost since February 2012. In fact I've pretty much maintained since September, and I'm pretty damn proud of that. I'm back to eating upwards of 2000 calories a day, and I feel pretty great. At the start of 2013 I got a gym membership again, and I've been going 2-3 times a week. I'd love to make that 3-4 times a week, but any gym time is better than none, right?

My goals for the rest of 2013 are:

- gain muscle, especially core and arm muscle

- increase my running time (I hardly every run for more than 10-15 minutes before I start to worry about anke pain), maybe do a 5k.

- find a job (I'm originally from Germany and a month or two away from getting my green card... and then it's job search time!)

- find some freakin' friends here in Columbus, OH - my husband and I moved here in 2011, and we haven't met a lot of people yet. Not the city's fault (it's a pretty great place), but our fault.

- have a good plan for saving money - we spend way too much on stuff we don't really need.

What else can I tell you about myself? I'm 32 and pretty goofy. I'm a language and literature nerd and would love to find work either teaching or translating. I've been a vegetarian on and off for a few years, but for about a year now I've been pretty serious about not eating meat and only occasionally eating seafood, and I'm happy to pass on anything I've learned about maintaining a balanced, protein-rich, healthy vegetarian diet. My husband and I have two cats and a dog, and they pretty much rule our lives. I'm a huge fan of outdoors activities and traveling.

Oh, and as far as nerd cred goes, here's me and my husband a few halloweens back. Yep. I made those. =D

post-8370-0-80048800-1364437121_thumb.jp

post-8370-0-80048800-1364437121_thumb.jp

Caitriona - Gallifreyan Adventurer
Level 1

STR:1 :: DEX:3 :: STA:2 :: CON:2 :: WIS:3 :: CHA:4

Archived