Forums are back in action! ×

Never Stop Improving

I’ve been struggled with my weight since I was 16; car plus working pretty much stopped my super active lifestyle that I didn’t realize I had.  So from 16 to 20 I gained and dropped about 20 pounds over and over again.  I realized I could eat with out to much thought if I worked out every day for about 2 hours but life happens and that lifestyle was hard to maintain.

Then I entered the dark years, I have no idea how it happened but I gained 80 pounds in about a year.  Okay yes logically I know how it happened but really I can’t explain my mind set other than deep depression that was hidden by a super unhealthy relationship.  Thankfully there was a light at the end of the tunnel and I finally truly saw how lost I was. 

So I made changes to my diet and got my butt back to the gym.  After I lost the first 20 pounds, I also lost the super unhealthy relationship.  Over the next 3 years through various efforts I have been able to lose the other 60 pounds and keep them off and I have developed a love for running.

So why am I here?  Well I’m ready to drop the last bit of weight and get into the best shape of my life.  The Paleo lifestyle makes a lot of sense to me and I have been taking baby steps over the past 3 months, by eliminating processed foods, eliminating soda and artificial sweeteners from my diet. Now I’m ready to play with a more authentic Paleo diet, by eating better quality meats, eliminating grains, legumes and MOST dairy (I’m so keeping Chocolate milk for my half marathon training).  As well as round off my fitness routines, I’m not afraid of bulk I just get bored weight training.

So my goals:

Find a healthy weight for myself:  I have changed so much from when I was fit in high school I don’t really care what the scale says instead I care more about losing the excess chub on my gut.  Short term goal reach 160 pounds (I know it’s not my ideal weight but it’s close to it).

Be able to complete a Tough Mudder and do every obstacle.  This includes staircase monkey bars that twist and are slippery.  This will take a lot of time so short term goal is be able to do ONE pull up.

Eat a Paleo diet 6 days a week (not including my running chocolate milk). 

Finish a half marathon under 2:30.

So that's enough about me for one day.  I can't wait to see everyone's journey and help give a little extra support when needed.

Human Ranger (lvl 3)

Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?

ChallangeTough Mudder Bound!!

Welcome to the rebellion! I went through similar stuff, bad relationship that led me to have unhealthy habits and gain about 60 pounds. I've also got about 20lbs i'd like to lose to get the last bit off. Great to have you!

"It's always the ones that don't do anything that try to bring you down" - Henry Rollins

"There is no meantime, there is only now" - The Ditty Bops

Trail Blazing Elf Ranger Sumdawgtwigg Level 3  STR-3 DEX-4 STA-4 CON-3 WIS-5 CHA-2

Fitocracy

My Game Blog

DO IT CHALLENGE!

Archived