Forums are back in action! ×

So hi! Long time lurker of this website, finally decided I want to take action to living a healthier lifestyle. About me, the name is Jose. I'm 23 years old and unfortunately at the 300+ lbs mark :( Actually, it's more like 340ish or so.

Anywho, I've been reading around and looking at this website on and off for the past few months and decided screw it, I want to do something for myself. I am indeed a gamer/nerd/dork/whatever, and recently, I've decided to quit World of Warcraft so that I can focus more on losing weight. WoW did take up a lot of my time since I was a semi-hardcore raider, but after my guild fell apart (we didn't even get to clear normal Throne of Thunder), I decided this was the best time to quit and start focusing on myself.

The thing is, there is so many resources and so much information that I'm not really sure where to begin o_O I would love to adopt a paleo lifestyle for food purposes and as far as how to work out, I mean, I do go walking when I can and such. That's about the extent of any exercise I've gotten in the past few months if any -_-

I also work overnights so I have a bit of a weird schedule, but luckily, I always have Fridays/Saturdays off, so I'm trying to find a medium to be able to do things accordingly. That being said, I would appreciate any advice/tips from any overnight shift people :)

Besides quitting WoW, the major catalyst that sparked within me to want to finally lose weight was because I am tired of being the stereotypical fat nerd who games all day. Don't get me wrong, I'll always be a gamer and a nerd and such, but I want to break the stereotype. I want to be actually be able to feel better about myself and go out to places without feeling self-conscious about myself. Essentially in short, I want to make a change for the better.

I know there is resources and information as mentioned, but I would -absolutely- love any tips or advice for a beginner like me as to how to start all of this in general. I'm ready for change and asking for help is my first step I will be taking.

Thanks for reading and looking forward to being involved in the forums. :D

welcome jose! im a big girl too and started doing workouts last year. it all began with walking my first 5k with friends. that was the first time i felt the endorphis and sice then i slowly do more and more. if i was you i would look into the beginner weighttraining ressources here. for me that has been  a fast road to see some change in your body. in any case: try to have fun. thats the best motivation!

stay fearless! :onthego:

One of the reasons I fell in love with NF was breaking the stereotype of nerds being lazy, weak, and generally unhealthy. It's an awesome thought, at least for me, and i'm sure others. Welcome aboard, let us know if we can help in any way! 

"It's always the ones that don't do anything that try to bring you down" - Henry Rollins

"There is no meantime, there is only now" - The Ditty Bops

Trail Blazing Elf Ranger Sumdawgtwigg Level 3  STR-3 DEX-4 STA-4 CON-3 WIS-5 CHA-2

Fitocracy

My Game Blog

DO IT CHALLENGE!

Archived