Forums are back in action! ×

Just saying hello! :)

Hey guys! I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm new to the NF community and am very excited to be here! My name is Chelsey (obviously).  I'm 23 years old and slightly overweight. I'm a teacher and decided to make a change to become a better role model for my students.

I played fast pitch softball throughout highschool.  Before college, I had to quit due to a knee injury. I've picked up working out on and off since then. This time is different. It feels different and my attitude towards working out is completely different. I read an article on the main site about Staci/Spezzy and feel inspired. I want to start lifting weights, but I don't know where to start. I would love any tips/advice.

Thank you all (in advance)! :)

Welcome Chelsey! I would recommend keeping an eye on Spezzy's strength training 101 series. Also, pop over to the strength training section of the forum. Lots of great folks over there who are more than willing to help with any questions.

Just as general advice, read up a bit and find a program that works for you. Some options:

Starting Strength

New Rules of Lifting for Women

Stronglifts 5x5

Greyskull LP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Facebook | Twitter | Blog |

"What we face may look insurmountable. But I learned something from all those years of training and competing. I learned something from all those sets and reps when I didn't think I could lift another ounce of weight. What I learned is that we are always stronger than we know." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

Toby: It's going to be hard.
Josh: Then we'll do what's hard.
- The West Wing

"A good lawyer sees trouble coming from around the corner."
-Professor Tom Ross

Archived