Forums are back in action! ×

faux fame

I asked him about some benchmarks for fitness (basically, when I should go from moving around the gym and eating right to busting my ass in the gym and eating right to, maybe, doing something more fun like martial arts or crossfit). Long story short, he said just keep doing what I'm doing and wait till i feel good about it. Easy answer, but it was still good.

Level 3 Human Ranger
STR: 9 DEX: 5.25 STA: 14.5 CON: 5.5 WIS: 16 CHA: 5.5 
My Current Challenge

Did you get more or less crap about your beard than Andy does about his :D I'm almost done with Ep 53, so I'll be hearing your question shortly. Then I can say "awesome! I know that guy" when I tell my coworkers and friends about it. The only thing better than being a faux celebrity on a podcast about pseudo-science* is having exchaged a few posts on the internet with said faux celebrity :)

*Robb and Andy constantly make a joking reference that his biochemistry and paleo diet studies are pseudo-science. I don't quite know the origins, but I think Barry Sears and the current president of Crossfit are involved, since Robb was fired from his nutritionist post with CF and replaced with, wait for it, Barry "Evander, you can have five fries" Sears.

I read a study once that said doing ANYTHING in the gym is more anabolic than doing NOTHING sitting in front of the computer.

~Chris Shugart @ T-nation

Iron is full of impurities that weaken it: through forging, it becomes steel and is

transformed into a razor-sharp sword. Human beings develop in the same fashion.

~Morihei Ueshiba

Favorites:

* Robb Wolf Podcast #68- Matt Lalonde vs gluten (<-transcript)

*Documentary: Fat Head

*NF blog:Most Inspirational 20 Minutes

*Starting Strength Wiki