Forums are back in action! ×

Be honest...did you fall for today's April Fools Day post?

Steve

I was thinking to myself "From the Rebellion to Fun Fit Squad?!" 

then it took me all of 5 minutes, staring at the "PS Happy April 1st" for anything to click.

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

Okay, so I was getting nervous at first. Seeings how I am new and all. I got pissy when I read there would be pop-ups and thought Steve would do that? But getting rid of rebels --- pleasseee. Nice work Steve. It was the only April Fools thing I got so it was kinda cool.

:smiley_simmons:

The Way

Better Now than Back Then

Better Now than Later On

I got about halfway through before it dawned on me the ridiculousness of the nature.  I think it was the $20 bucks for the forum access that made me go "wait a minute...."

In my defense, I spent a large portion of my day running around at work, and my brain wasn't fully doing that reading comprehension thing.  Until everything clicked I was a bit freaked, though.

RisenPhoenix, the Entish Aikidoka

Challenge: RisenPhoenix Turns to Ash

"The essence of koryu [...is] you offer your loyalty to something that you choose to regard as greater than yourself so that you will, someday, be able to offer service to something that truly is transcendent." ~ Ellis Amdur, Old School

At first I said to myself, "OK, calm down.  Just see what he has to say.  Steve would never compromise the integrety of NF."

Then I got down to paying $19.99 to post on the forums and said, "...THIS IS BS!!!!"

Then I read:

*(I’m required by law to mention that Teamocil may decrease your sex drive).

and thought "...oh wait.....what day is today????....oh man...." facepalm.gif

Then I read:

*(I’m required by law to mention that Teamocil may decrease your sex drive).

I read this part and thought "why would you tell people this, they won't want to buy this product or support you when you say things like this.  But I guess if it's the law, you can't break the law!".  I still didn't get it at that point.

. I am Elder . Woosah . Sunshine . Plants . Fur babies . New book smell . Cinnamon . Pepperoni Pizza .

At first I was just confused... but as soon as I saw Teamocil the Arrested Development reference reminded me that it was April 1st.

LVL 3: Zoran Warrior

STR:9 | DEX:5 | STA:10 | CON:5 | WIS:12.75 | CHA:9

Current Challenge: Not Really A 6 Week Challenge Challenge

Previous Challenges: 1st2nd

"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. Good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant."

At first I thought it was weird for you to suddenly change the name to the Fun Fit Squad, and then I kept reading and mentally going "HUH?" and I started to get it but it didn't really sink in until:

"It’s actually quite brilliant, as their computers can literally fill in the blanks and create mass-market friendly Nerd Fitness content all day long:

[insert random Lego photo here]

I was inspired by [lovable 80's movie] and [heroic comic book character], who motivated me to try [healthy activity] and live life [positive adverb].  

Watch this adorable video of a [non-threatening baby animal].  

I’m currently learning [random skill] and [failing/succeeding] at it has taught me that [inspirational quote]."

at which point I was thinking "Oh... OH!  Right!".  So yeah, you got me Steve.

OtakuBosatsu

Level 1 Lycan. Druid/Monk at heart, training with the Assassins
STR 7|DEX 5.75|STA 4|CON 3|WIS 3.75|CHA 3

My blog, "Zen, Music, and Movement": http://raffyayaladvo.wordpress.com/

Archived