Forums are back in action! ×

How do you deal with negative comments?

Huntress

One of the guys at work has a daily routine of coming to my desk and asking, "So what's Jen snacking on toady?"

Today I just happened to have olives and coffee on the go.  He asked if I was pregnant!  I responded with "why do I have to be pregnant to eat olives and drink coffee?  Pfffft, that's dumb!"

It's not too bad in the office.  If someone else is bashing my healthy eating/workouts I just say, "don't knock it 'till you try it."  

So far I've been lucky and not have too many serious negative comments.  

. I am Elder . Woosah . Sunshine . Plants . Fur babies . New book smell . Cinnamon . Pepperoni Pizza .

Take it as a compliment.

If your lifestyle choices have made such an impact on someone else's life, then you're obviously doing something that they wish to emulate. That's a great feeling. You've made such an impression that they felt the need to say something. Congrats!

You have a very apt point which applies to all things in life. The more successful you are, whether it simply be in your eating/workout habits or a more professional area of life, the more admirers you will have. The same goes for critics, those people who will be negative in their actions towards you, as they feel envious of, and sometimes even threatened by, your success, and in order to make themselves feel better, they feel they need to "cut you down" to their level, rather than do the more noble and humbling act of congratulating you on and emulating your success. So, as you said, take it as a compliment, cause you're obviously doing something right!

LEVEL III ASSASSIN-MONK

STR: 8   STA: 10

AGI: 10   WIS: 5

CON: 7   CHA: 4

We must DARE to be GREAT;

and we must realize that GREATNESS is

the FRUIT of TOIL and SACRIFICE and HIGH COURAGE

Archived