Forums are back in action! ×

The overnight rebel guard

Well ok I really want to get on board making changes and trying to keep momentum going on making a better future for myself... only draw back is well, I work overnight!!! Its a total F-bomb for emotions and you put on more weight just trying to eat to stay awake then anyone might guess sadly... Any advice from other rebels in similar situations would be stellar otherwise overnight zombiebond007 out!

Hello my fellow Night Owl! So yeah I've been doing closing shifts for longer then I care to remember and of course no one has my schedule so there are times when I need to stay up for days on end to meet appointments. So my internal clock has been set so that I can't sleep until around 2am. So trust me I can sympathize with you.

So two bits of advice.

First off if the normal sleep cycle isn't going to work for you then say f*** it and make your own. Figure out how much you need to sleep to actually feel rested (average person needs 8 hours but I feel tired unless I get 10 personally) and figure out when you're most likely to fall asleep. Once you know that things get a hell of a lot better, you start sleeping normally and as a result your eating should go down a bit. Any one gives you crap for "Sleeping in" all the time just explain that you work till X and can't fall asleep till Y. Hopefully they realize that means you don't have a normal schedule, but if not who cares? You're a rebel for a reason.

Second make use of any places that are open late. I'm not talking Denny's, I mean supermarkets or gyms that you'll actually be able to get to in time to use them. My local grocery store is open till 11 so I can usually grab something if needed and there is a 24/7 gym right behind it. It's a hell of a lot easier to change for the better if you have good tools to work with.

Level 5 Orc Citizen Soldier

STR 7.5|DEX 9.5|STA 11|CON 12|WIS 20.5|CHA 8.5

Old Challenges 15/4 3/6 7/25

"Do it now."

Archived